Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HSBC help

tag
Tay09
Regular Contributor

HSBC help

This may be a little long...

So last year I had to HSBC cards go bad, one orchard bank and the other one is best buy. When I checkEd my Experian report a few days ago I noticed HSBC on there four times. I disputed 2 of them as duplicates and it came back verified/ updated which didn't make sense. I then called HSBC directly, the rep told me they sold my accts but he was positive I only had 2 accts with them. I called Experian explained the situation and the rep deleted the duplicate entries. So here is the confusing part...

The HSBC rep told me both accts were sold but the remaiming accts on my credit report are still showing balances. There is also one collection agency reporting the same balance as one of the HSBC cards, although this is not one of the agencies the HSBC rep said the accts were sold to. Where do I go from here? I have the money to pay off both cards in full, I would love to pay HSBC directly since they are still showing a balance but the rep said they don't have my accts anymore.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Re: HSBC help

The OC can still report an amount if the account is assigned to a CA or if they do an internal collection.  If the account is sold then the OC must put it as a CO.  As far as the one that is showing and HSBC said that is not one of the ones they sold it to, it could have changed hands of CAs a few times by now so that doesn't matter.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 2 of 6
Tay09
Regular Contributor

Thanks! So where should I start? I think the HSBC rep used the word "sold" in ref to my accts. Should I call the OC bank to confirm they were sold and not "assigned"? And if the accts were indeed sold how do I go about getting HSBC to report a 0 balance?

Message 3 of 6
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

I would ask HSBC if they were charged off.  If they were then they were sold to a CA and they cannot accept payment.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 4 of 6
Tay09
Regular Contributor

Does anyone have an email address for HSBC? Please pm me.

Message 5 of 6
bahbahd
Established Contributor

Just FYI. Capital One owns HSBC accounts now and it seems like they have enforced their strick no GW/PFD policies across the HSBC divisions now.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.