Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HSBC responds to GW...need suggestions

tag
Breakthecycle2
Established Contributor

HSBC responds to GW...need suggestions

They basically said they have no authority to delete (this is a paid charge off) and that it is their responsibilty to report to CRA. Any idea what to do next?

Starting Score: 454
Current Score: 690
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: HSBC responds to GW...need suggestions

Mail them another letter Smiley Wink
Message 2 of 9
Breakthecycle2
Established Contributor

Yeah, I figured that would be the best option. Any ideas how to reword?

Message 3 of 9
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Technically,they are corrrect.  They have a legal obligation to accurately report to the CRAs.

If an item was accurately reported, there was no error.

Some will delete based on their perceived business benefits, and the biggest benefit is to obtain payment, and thus might accept a PFD letter if it puts money in their pocket.  But once paid, you lose this enticement.  The only thing left is to plead for goodwill, on the basis of keeping your future business.  In this tight credit environment, I would suspect that their willingness to grant an arbitrary deletion of a previous report that was accurate is going to become increasingly difficult.  All I can offer is make sure you work into your letter that their goodwill deletion will offer you incentive to continue to use their CC as opposed to transferring your usage to others.

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

IMO HSBC is very tough to deal with i have 1-30 day late on a 2 yr old closed acct. And ive tried everything to have that removed but as of today its still a no go with them..
Message 5 of 9
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

If I were in the shoes of an OC receiving a GW or PFD letter, I would also be very, very restrictive in any grant of CR deletion requests.  They are bound to accurately report.

Any agreement to alter a previous report to a CRA, unless conceded as inaccurate in the first place,  must then involve subjectivity.  It sets a precedent.  If another party then makes a similar request under similar conditions that is denied, this rasies issues of discrimination and/or arbitrary treatment.  Businesses dont like lawsuits and interrogatories based on discrimination or arbitrary/capricious business practices.  So that have form letters to avoid this.  It is viewed as sound business on their part.

Message 6 of 9
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Breakthecycle2 wrote:
Yeah, I figured that would be the best option. Any ideas how to reword?

Don't give up! Keep sending them. It is a numbers game. All you need is one "yes". Word it anyway you'd like. IMO, it doesn't make too much of a difference so as long as your request is clear.
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I say be yourself and write the way you would speak. They may be more likely to honor your request if it is heartfelt... don't copy paste a GW letter that has been used a million times or they might think you aren't the one writing the letters and that they are actually coming from some credit repair firm.

Tell them why you need the goodwill "I am trying to buy a house.." "I need a private loan to pay for college"..."I need a loan for a vacation in Africa" give them a reason other than "I just want it off because Im tired of looking at it" and you may be better received.

Just my opinion of course.

Message 8 of 9
Breakthecycle2
Established Contributor

I have given them the whole spiel, but I will try again! Thank you!

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.