cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HSBC updated from possible GW on EX but not on EQ and TU. Huh?

tag
specialksauce
Contributor

HSBC updated from possible GW on EX but not on EQ and TU. Huh?

I sent a GW letter asking for removal for a 2008 HSBC CO back in July. I have since sent two more. I just noticed they updated the account and removed negative late pays and status on EX towards the end of July but just show closed.

They did not do the same for TU and EQ as I checked both backdoors today. They still show CO status and all the late pays. 

Why would they only update one report but not the others? 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: HSBC updated from possible GW on EX but not on EQ and TU. Huh?

Could be they just haven't updated yet.  Give it some time, it can take 90 days.

Message 2 of 4
specialksauce
Contributor

If they don't update on TU and EQ by November, then I would assume I just got lucky?

Message 3 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Voluntarily emoving prior dergatory reporting with one CRA is not basis for requring removal from all others.

The two statutory requirements regarding reporting are that (1) any reporting cannot be knowingly inaccurate, and (2) prior reporting must be timely updated to maintain its accuracy.

However, if you file a dispute with one CRA, and the disputed information cannot be verified, it is not sufficient that they delete with only the CRA through which you filed the dispute.  They are required to also  report the results of the dispute to all CRAs to which the information has been reported. Thus, separate disputes with each CRA re not necessary.   That, of course, does not apply to GW deletions.

Subjective deletion with one CRA does not alter the fact of the actual delinquency having occured, and thus does not make the continued reporting to the others inaccurate.

If anything, the subjective deletion with one CRA could be argued as not maintaining the current accuracy of their reporting with that CRA, which is certainly not an argument that would be in your interest.

Why they would only delete with one CRA and not the others is hard to say.  It may have been only a business decision to limit the number of possible future disputes by removing reporting from all but one, or it may be a desire to reduce their future necessity to update with multiple CRAs should any prior reporting later require update.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.