Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HSBC

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

HSBC

I have a HSBC card tha was closed in 2006 well not closed the HSBC rep says it is inactive and once i pay the bAlance off I can apply to have it reactivated.  However I have been making  payments to attack the bill to pay it off .  The problem is since I have started paying then they have changed the CRPT it was scheduled to fall off in 10/2013 i pulled my creports and the date has been changed to 10/2017 on my Transunion!  I never got oaught up on the account therefore how can they reage this??? My date DOFD is 10/06 and I have old credit reports to prove this

Do they have reaging program or something?? Im thinking about disputing this with the credit bureaus isnt this illegal and violates FCRA??? Im thinking also about reporting this to the BBB and Ag office and speaking with an attorney  I never got the payments caught up.  Its reporting like this on my  equifax credit report 

Equifax

HSBC BAnk

account number xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx

date opened 10/2003 

high credit-1760

credit limit-400

months reviewed-74

activity description-closed

amount past due-57$

date of 1sT deliquency 2/2010(wth! how can they say this when it was closed or inactive since 06)

date closed-11/2006

current status 90-119 days past due 

Please help isnt this hurting my overall utilization too????:smileysad:   i dont want to do a settlement  because this would look bad too on my reports.  I was trying to pay it off over time and then goodwill them to remove the negative tradeline now this

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
mauve
Valued Contributor

Re: HSBC

Take a deep breath.

It sounds like they made the "closed" date 2007, and a closed account will drop off your credit reports after 10 years.  It only hurts you until the derogs drop off - i.e., it should go into a positive status in 2013, and drop off your reports in 2017.  That is, unless it's reopened, in which case, it will go positive in 2013 and continue on until 10 years after closed provided there's no new delinquencies.

Starting Score: EQ 583 TU04 619 EX 592 (lender pull) 2010
Previous High Score: EQ 700 TU04 712 EX 726
Current Score: EQ 740 TU(Discover) 750 EX(AMEX) 747
Goal Score: 740+ all around

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 16
mauve
Valued Contributor

OH, wait, nm, that's a reporting problem.  I read the text and didn't read the bottom part.  Call them and talk to them about it.

Message 3 of 16
Shae123
Contributor

I thought that if something is delinquent and you start making payments again it changes the delinquency date.

Message 4 of 16
mauve
Valued Contributor

That is an urban legend.  Date of First Delinquency is when you first went delinquent and never brought the account current again.  So you would have to first become current and then become delinquent again to have a new date of first delinquency.

Message 5 of 16
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@Shae123 wrote:

I thought that if something is delinquent and you start making payments again it changes the delinquency date.

It will change the DoFD ONLY if you bring the account current.  You can make payments forever and not become current again.  What making a payment can do is restart the SOL for suing.

Message 6 of 16
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I have a HSBC card tha was closed in 2006 well not closed the HSBC rep says it is inactive and once i pay the bAlance off I can apply to have it reactivated.  However I have been making  payments to attack the bill to pay it off .  The problem is since I have started paying then they have changed the CRPT it was scheduled to fall off in 10/2013 i pulled my creports and the date has been changed to 10/2017 on my Transunion!  I never got oaught up on the account therefore how can they reage this??? My date DOFD is 10/06 and I have old credit reports to prove this

Do they have reaging program or something?? Im thinking about disputing this with the credit bureaus isnt this illegal and violates FCRA??? Im thinking also about reporting this to the BBB and Ag office and speaking with an attorney  I never got the payments caught up.  Its reporting like this on my  equifax credit report 

Equifax

HSBC BAnk

account number xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx

date opened 10/2003 

high credit-1760

credit limit-400

months reviewed-74

activity description-closed

amount past due-57$

date of 1sT deliquency 2/2010(wth! how can they say this when it was closed or inactive since 06)

date closed-11/2006

current status 90-119 days past due 

Please help isnt this hurting my overall utilization too????:smileysad:   i dont want to do a settlement  because this would look bad too on my reports.  I was trying to pay it off over time and then goodwill them to remove the negative tradeline now this

HSBC is notorious for things like this.  Do you have the payment history from an older report?  You really need to look at this history to find out what they are doing.

You can also call and talk to one of the CSRs or write a letter to the CEO.  Before disputing with the CRAs try to contact them.

Message 7 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

yes i do have the older reports my dofd is 10/2006 or somewhere around there. my old TU report has this tradeline sceduled to fall off in 10/2013 but the new one i have  straight from TU has it changed to 10/2017 they added four years.Smiley Mad  I have tried to deal with them to no avail. They have reaged this.  My EQ DOFD is 2/2010 this is so wrong.  I never made my account current just was trying to pay this off over time.  Is this hurting my utilization???

Message 8 of 16
Shae123
Contributor

@guiness56 wrote:

@Shae123 wrote:

It will change the DoFD ONLY if you bring the account current.  You can make payments forever and not become current again.  What making a payment can do is restart the SOL for suing.

SMH I always get confused about that kinda thing....sorry. Smiley Very Happy

Message 9 of 16
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@Shae123 wrote:

@guiness56 wrote:

@Shae123 wrote:

SMH I always get confused about that kinda thing....sorry. Smiley Very Happy

No problem.  It took me awhile to understand everything.

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.