Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HUGE HUGE MyFICO favor Seeking Expert advise

tag
MYFICOisWACKO2
Contributor

HUGE HUGE MyFICO favor Seeking Expert advise

Hi there guys,

I have been a lurker for quite sometime just still trying to stay current on Myfico news and updates so it has been a very long time (actually since I closed on my house) since I posted.  Here is the question:

My friend just pulled all 3 of her credit reports from annualcreditreport 

Her TU and EQ were fine but her Experian has gone mad...

There are at least 17 variations of her name and addresses on her report.  Only 2 being accurate.  The most concerning thing is that she has around 10 entries that are reporting to be a "joint responsibility" with a gentleman that has filed bankruptcy (showing on her report) and has a host of other items that are reflected on her report (but only Experian).  Now she does not know who this man is HOWEVER he just so happens to have the SAME last name as her former married name.  Her report was pulled under her maiden name.  The variations of her name are also her former married name.  What else was odd...was that the report also showed "variations" of the last four of her SS# that was used and the numbers were no where near close to hers (missed by a country mile). My first thought was identity thief. Then since this issue is isolated to just Experian I am not so sure anymore.  I do know that this correlation to this unidentified man is also the driving factor of this credit items appearing.  They all keep referring back to him and this bankruptcy he has filed and how she allegedly is a "joint responsibility"

Is this a file a dispute situation or go to the cops my identity has been stolen?  I am not sure of the route to recommend to her.

You guys are the best and TAY!

MFW

myFICOisNOTWACKO but MYFICOisWACKO get it?!?
6.18.2011Lender pull:
EX-640 Fair Issac V2/TUClassic 04-658/EQ Beacon 5-741
5.20.2011 myFICO pulls:
TU 789 EQ 727
Closed on home 6/27/2011! 180K 4.625% Thanks myFICO!
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Booner72
Senior Contributor

Re: HUGE HUGE MyFICO favor Seeking Expert advise

Hi - are you the Original Myficoiswacko person?  Just curious.

Anyway, Experien has clearly mixed her identity with someone else.  She needs to call them up and talk to someone that can help her get her accounts on her reports and the other person's off.  I have read about this happening to others and I've read that the CRA's know how to fix.  She should remind them that they are required by federal law to report accurate information in a friendly way. 

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 2 of 6
MYFICOisWACKO2
Contributor

@Booner72 wrote:

Hi - are you the Original Myficoiswacko person?  Just curious.

Anyway, Experien has clearly mixed her identity with someone else.  She needs to call them up and talk to someone that can help her get her accounts on her reports and the other person's off.  I have read about this happening to others and I've read that the CRA's know how to fix.  She should remind them that they are required by federal law to report accurate information in a friendly way. 

Yes that is me....did I do something wrong Smiley Indifferent I will advise her to call them up now.  That was really not good at all!  Thanks for the response

6.18.2011Lender pull:
5.20.2011 myFICO pulls:
TU 789 EQ 727
Message 3 of 6
Booner72
Senior Contributor

NO!  I just didn't notice the 02 at the end of your name before, and I would be seriously peeved if someone came along and stole your original, and very cool, name!!

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 4 of 6
MYFICOisWACKO2
Contributor

@Booner72 wrote:

NO!  I just didn't notice the 02 at the end of your name before, and I would be seriously peeved if someone came along and stole your original, and very cool, name!!

Ahhh Booner thanks!  What actually happened is I set up an account under MFW (without the2) and then later found out I already had an account established so I started using thsi one again and had to have the 2 added since MFW was taken. 

6.18.2011Lender pull:
5.20.2011 myFICO pulls:
TU 789 EQ 727
Message 5 of 6
MYFICOisWACKO2
Contributor

Update!!! My friend called Experian and as soon as she got on the phone she didn't have to say much and the agent immediately put in a request to have 82 items removed from her credit report associated with this other person!  Thanks so much for the advise!

6.18.2011Lender pull:
5.20.2011 myFICO pulls:
TU 789 EQ 727
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.