cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HUGE Problem with Charge-Off/Sold Acct.

tag
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Re: HUGE Problem with Charge-Off/Sold Acct.

Drink an extra cup just to make sure.  Smiley Wink

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 11 of 17
DaBears
Senior Contributor

I don't want my neighbors seeing me tweaking outside Smiley LOL

Message 12 of 17
Kevin5974
Frequent Contributor

This is exactly what I am looking for. The CA doesn't care to contact CitiBank since they own the debt. I need Citi to update to show PIF/CO with a $0. I am submitting a complaint with the BBB today!

Starting Score: 475
Current Score: 649
Goal Score: 690

Message 13 of 17
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@Kevin5974 wrote:

This is exactly what I am looking for. The CA doesn't care to contact CitiBank since they own the debt. I need Citi to update to show PIF/CO with a $0. I am submitting a complaint with the BBB today!

You can also file a direct dispute with Citi under FCRA 623(a)(8).  As the furnisher of information they are required to investigate, make changes and/or deletions and notify you within 30 days.  They have to do this or the are in violation of federal laws.

Message 14 of 17
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

The debt collector does not have to notify the OC of payment.  The OC is out of the picture once they sell the debt.

The moment the OC sold the debt, they were required to have reported a $0 balance to the CRA. 

They thereafter have no dog in the hunt.

Getting the OC to update based on payment to the debt collector is not the way to resolve the matter.  Any dispute should be based simply on their failure to have complied with section 623(a)(2), which is the reqirement for timely update of information so as to maintain its accuracy.

Message 15 of 17
Kevin5974
Frequent Contributor

Well I sent a nice professional complaint via CFPB and essentially apologized for neglecting my responsibilities in having this account charge off. I did however, inform them that I have been burdened with higher interest rates and have had trouble obtaining new credit due to their erroneous reporting. I imagined it was an oversight, albeit egregious, and mentioned I thought deleting the tradeline would be best for both parties. Citibank acknowledged selling the debt in 2010 but did not apologize or admit fault. They did however, agree to delete the tradeline Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 475
Current Score: 649
Goal Score: 690

Message 16 of 17
Rain77
Frequent Contributor

Nice!

Last HP 8/29/14

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.