Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HUGE Progress

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

HUGE Progress

Hi everyone, I was previously in this board under a different username but was locked out. 😊

I have been rebuilding for the better part of a year with slow progress, and have been trying to diversify and add revolving accounts. I FINALLY got some good news.

I initiated a Ch7 about a year ago, but ultimately withdrew it because I found out it there was a lot of disputable info on my report. I started with LL but am now doing the process on my own. I have an 11 month old car loan with no lates, and a 3 month old Self Lender loan, also no lates. I tried three times for Discover and twice for Fingerhut with no luck. Yesterday I opened an Open Sky secured Visa for $300. This morning I figured I'd try one more time with Discover and FH and got approved for both. Discover is a $200 secured IT card, and Fingerhut gave me a $130 Fresh Start, but will graduate me to revolving after I pay off the purchase I made ($60 due). My scores have been rising steadily, but I am looking forward to a nice bounce within the next 30-60 days from having fresh positive history. I am going no more than 15-30% on any of these, so that I can get a quicker result. Also, I'm continuing to dispute negatives, so that will help. Ultimately, I'm trying to build to a 620-650 to qualify for a mortgage.

For anyone who has had secured with Discover...how does the timeframe work with the payment history, and how quickly do they typically graduate you to unsecured? Looking forward to using this one in particular, and the goal is to try to qualify for a Cap One in the next few months too.

Thanks in advance for your feedback!
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: HUGE Progress

@Anonymous wrote:
Hi everyone, I was previously in this board under a different username but was locked out. 😊

I have been rebuilding for the better part of a year with slow progress, and have been trying to diversify and add revolving accounts. I FINALLY got some good news.

I initiated a Ch7 about a year ago, but ultimately withdrew it because I found out it there was a lot of disputable info on my report. I started with LL but am now doing the process on my own. I have an 11 month old car loan with no lates, and a 3 month old Self Lender loan, also no lates. I tried three times for Discover and twice for Fingerhut with no luck. Yesterday I opened an Open Sky secured Visa for $300. This morning I figured I'd try one more time with Discover and FH and got approved for both. Discover is a $200 secured IT card, and Fingerhut gave me a $130 Fresh Start, but will graduate me to revolving after I pay off the purchase I made ($60 due). My scores have been rising steadily, but I am looking forward to a nice bounce within the next 30-60 days from having fresh positive history. I am going no more than 15-30% on any of these, so that I can get a quicker result. Also, I'm continuing to dispute negatives, so that will help. Ultimately, I'm trying to build to a 620-650 to qualify for a mortgage.

For anyone who has had secured with Discover...how does the timeframe work with the payment history, and how quickly do they typically graduate you to unsecured? Looking forward to using this one in particular, and the goal is to try to qualify for a Cap One in the next few months too.

Thanks in advance for your feedback!

Congrats on your big step forward. Things will start to grow nicely for you now.

I love my Discover secured card. They review your account after a year for graduation. I'm 7 months in, so I can't speak to the experience of graduation, but my experience with Discover has been wonderful so far.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: HUGE Progress

Thank you!!! I'm looking forward to working with them, they're a great company. I've heard nothing but good things about their customer service.

I also literally just got approved for a Credit One Visa as well. I know they're not top of the heap, but that's my first UNSECURED card in this whole process, which is another big step. Looking VERY forward to learning how to do this the right way, once and for all. 😊
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.