Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HUGE difference in score between Credit Karma and Experian report

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

HUGE difference in score between Credit Karma and Experian report

I've been working on rebuilding my credit. I started at 440 last year according to Credit Karma and with a fingerhut account and First Progress card and Open Sky I have pulled it up to 576 according to CK Transunion score. Went and pulled my experian report last night and my score is 528. Nowhere near what CK has been telling me. I have 3 accounts in collections, 1 of which is an old CareCredit account that is within 1 year of falling off. The other 2 are not very expensive for me to pay off (less than $200 each) but I've gotten mixed reviews on paying old collections. Only 2 credit inquiries in the past 2 years. My only derogatory remarks are these 3 collections accounts. I am current on all my active accounts. I know I probably just need to keep paying off the balances each month to see my credit score start to improve but I'm really disappointed after pulling my actual report last night. I desperately need a car, like months ago, and I was hoping to see more progress than this. 

4 REPLIES 4
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

Re: HUGE difference in score between Credit Karma and Experian report

Research PFD...Pay for deletes, and GW...Goodwill letters. Research the specific collection agencies to see if they will do PFD. When's the last time the collection agencies updated the credit bureaus?

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 2 of 5
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

Fing out what your actual FICO scores are. If you're wanting a car, I'd suggest getting your scores from here since MyFico provides Auto Enhanced scores. This could be way different than what CK says.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

In all due fairness to CK, which is a cool site for WHAT it is

1st issue is CK is showing data from EQ and TU only
EX is a totally different data collector...There absolutely could be things reporting on EX that never reported on TU nor EQ
How would that be an 'issue' when it's clearly known that CK does not access YOUR EX data?

Wouldn't it honestly be up to the person to check out the 3rd horse in a 3 horse race, when you know FOR SURE you can only see 2 from where you are standing?

Also, the FREE educational scores given by CK are based upon a different scoring model called Vantage vs the mainstream FICO model...
Which is fine, we 'get' that the Freebie is the 'store-brand' and NOT actually Tide or Coke or Heinz

So why be shocked...You knew it was generic, when you didn't see Tony the Tiger on the box,right?😏

But it was Free and you filled your belly, what's the problem 😀

Seriously
Obviously at some point, one had to know to check out the 3rd agency it's impossible to try to clean up one's files w/o seeing ALL 3 files right?
I'm really failing to see what CK did wrong

We gotta educate ourselves better on what we are looking at...Because, with respect the title is so of base it isn't funny

It's like saying the basketball refs are HUGELY different than the Hockey refs w/o realizing duh their gonna to be YOU are comparing apples to pineapples, it ain't the fruits fault you're confused 😎
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just jk around above
Point being take an afternoon and get comfortable with what's what THEN you'll have more of a clue what you're working with vs just guessing or assuming EVERYTHING is all the same

Good Luck
Slooow down, read the signs, look at the book
Don't skip pages or do the 'Cliff notes' thing
It serious, be serious build your skill set or you'll be running BEHIND with less knowledge the entire time,like too many ppl

Hope that helps...You can get it if you commit to learning 👍
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.