Established Member
Pickle027

HUGE difference in scores...why?

I attempted to refinance my home only to be told my credit was too low. My FICO is 683, but my other two scores are 598 and 594. I was shocked! I looked at the reports and the only difference is two of the reports shows a paid collection on the account. It was for an old $180 cell phone bill. Would that account for a differnece of over 90 points? 

Valued Contributor
beb86

Re: HUGE difference in scores...why?

Pickle027 wrote:

I attempted to refinance my home only to be told my credit was too low. My FICO is 683, but my other two scores are 598 and 594. I was shocked! I looked at the reports and the only difference is two of the reports shows a paid collection on the account. It was for an old $180 cell phone bill. Would that account for a differnece of over 90 points? 

Yes it most definitely can affect your scores by that much...also the FICO scoring model can also vary which can change your scores.

ccpics2.jpg

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}