cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HUGE thanks to everyone at myFICO! (my journey)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

HUGE thanks to everyone at myFICO! (my journey)

Thanks to everyone here that has posted and gave advice etc!  When i joined here back in  late 2014 (after just reading threads since early/mid 2014)  me and my g/f had horrible scores.  We were in the high 400's to low 500's with several collection accounts.  We could barely even get utilities turned out without problems and were driving a buy here pay here car.  We always had pretty good jobs but we were just really young back then and didnt care about credit so we neglected to pay for some things.

After joining here i went to work for probably a year just on the collections trying to get them removed.  With all the help i was able to get 99% of those removed in various ways including pfd, by dispute, or by goodwill.  I would have never known how to do that without joining myFICO.  After that the scores started to rise pretty fast.  I was then able to get a capital one secured card and then later on a capital one credit card.   As i continued the journey we were able to get a newer car no problem with just $1k down.  After all that and paying everything on time was able to get a bank card from the bank that did the car loan. 

At this point we were in the 640 mid score range and started to look into buying a house.  I switched over to the mortgage loans thread and started that part of the journey again reading tons of good info and getting lots of help from people replying or just posting their own situation.  So after getting pre approved for a mortgage about 65 days later we closed on our brand new house earlier this week!!  Yesterday decided to apply for another card to get some appliances and was able to get $2500 from lowes and another $5000 from the bank that has the auto loan!

So to anyone just joining this site if you read this just know that you can go from the bottom to on your way to the top of the credit world if you just keep at EVERYDAY and DO NOT GIVE UP!  Thanks again to everyone on MYfico!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: HUGE thanks to everyone at myFICO! (my journey)

Congrats! I started in a very similar place, and after being able to get unsecured cc's and an auto loan, I am finally beginning the process of buying a home! Smiley Happy 

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats! I started in a very similar place, and after being able to get unsecured cc's and an auto loan, I am finally beginning the process of buying a home! Smiley Happy 

congrats!  its stressful at times but worth it for sure!

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow! How wonderful and absolutley great!! Thank you for the motivation and share!

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.