Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HUGE victory for me

tag
George528
Contributor

HUGE victory for me

This site has been so very helpful to me.  2 months ago I had 9 baddies on my CR.  After joining this site and reading others advice I started sending DV letters.  I had 2 companies just drop their Tl off my reports all together  ( I  assume they could not verify in 30  days)  I live in Texas..  I did a PFD with Dish network which got them and their CA to remove completely.   I did have 1  CA that is very famous on here for being a big pain in the butt and I was aggressive with them,  DV  followed by a dispute with Experian ( the CA was re aging by 9 months)  and I did a couple of other disputes which I learned about on here.  I got a letter from the CA today stating they were asking for additional information from the OC and would get back to me.   The great thing is their letter had a date on if  AFTER their 30 day time period had expired.   I was calling them to ask them to remove it since they missed their time frame as per  Texas law..   Before I could say anything  a rep said they had decided to not pursue any further and will be removing their Tl with all 3 bureaus  right away.  She even offered to send me a letter stating such..  Of course I said I would like that  as soon as I can get it.

This was my wayy latest baddie which was not set to fall off til early 2016..    I have had 5 baddies taken off in a couple of months and it is mostly off of information I have received from this site.. 

Thanks to everyone for sharing their information..   

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
-NewGuy-
Moderator Emeritus

Re: HUGE victory for me

@George528 wrote:

This site has been so very helpful to me.  2 months ago I had 9 baddies on my CR.  After joining this site and reading others advice I started sending DV letters.  I had 2 companies just drop their Tl off my reports all together  ( I  assume they could not verify in 30  days)  I live in Texas..  I did a PFD with Dish network which got them and their CA to remove completely.   I did have 1  CA that is very famous on here for being a big pain in the butt and I was aggressive with them,  DV  followed by a dispute with Experian ( the CA was re aging by 9 months)  and I did a couple of other disputes which I learned about on here.  I got a letter from the CA today stating they were asking for additional information from the OC and would get back to me.   The great thing is their letter had a date on if  AFTER their 30 day time period had expired.   I was calling them to ask them to remove it since they missed their time frame as per  Texas law..   Before I could say anything  a rep said they had decided to not pursue any further and will be removing their Tl with all 3 bureaus  right away.  She even offered to send me a letter stating such..  Of course I said I would like that  as soon as I can get it.

This was my wayy latest baddie which was not set to fall off til early 2016..    I have had 5 baddies taken off in a couple of months and it is mostly off of information I have received from this site.. 

Thanks to everyone for sharing their information..   

Congrats on your successes! It's a great feeling isn't it?

Message 2 of 5
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats to all your success, the great state of Texas has some very good consumer protections compared to other states..

Message 3 of 5
George528
Contributor

Thanks,  yes Texas has consumer friendly laws for sure.  Im just pumped because the accounts which I have gotten removed were the ones set to fall off the latest.   The remaining will  be gone next year at the latest if I cant  get them removed sooner.    

Message 4 of 5
alvon123
Super Contributor

congrats

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.