Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HUM noticed something odd

tag
TimeToRecover
Established Contributor

HUM noticed something odd

So I was sitting here analyzing things this evening and I noticed an odd discrepancy. 

My foreclosure back in 2010.  So first thing I notice is one CR shows open the other shows closed.  both show 0 balance and 0 past due.  both show 120 days late.

My concern is that one shows a status update of 10/2012.   The foreclosure was on 05/2010. 

So my quesiton is that Status of date hurting me, I don't think it affects the date it will leave my report but I want to try for a mortgage early next year and I am well past the 3 year mark based on the 05/2010 mark.

the only thing I can think of that would cause that date was I did send a disbute in in Octiber cause it was showing a balance (I thought I had disbuted the open status also)

I have rambled a bit here.  so my ultimate questions. 

1. do I worry abou tthe "status update date'

2. do i worry about the "open" status

I am trying to get things as clean as possible.

Starting Score: 570 ish
Current Score:EX (701) EQ (711) TU (705)
Goal Score: 750
In My Wallet: GE Care Credit (8K) BestBuy (6K) BofA Cash Rewards Signature Visa (7K) Cap One Quicksilver (10.5K) Chase Freedom (4K) Lowes (6K) VS Angel Card (2.4K), Macys (4K)
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: HUM noticed something odd

Prior to 2012 it may have shown something else.  When you disputed, that is what probably triggered the update and shouldn't hurt your score.

It should say closed but I do not believe the open has any impact on your score.

Message 2 of 5
TimeToRecover
Established Contributor

Thanks guiness im kinda thinking the same thing.  the scores seem to all be rising proportionately (although FAKO) I think if it was affecting it the one score would lag behind.

I am waiting till next spring on the mortgage cause I have a baddie that falls off in January.  According to all the "score calculators" out there my score should jump a bunch when it goes away.  But I am wondering wouold it be beneficial to start the process say in October or November with the full knowledge taht my CR will need to be rerun once that is removed?  Other then the Foreclosure this is my only baddie.  since the underwriting is all manual and not via a computer. 

In My Wallet: GE Care Credit (8K) BestBuy (6K) BofA Cash Rewards Signature Visa (7K) Cap One Quicksilver (10.5K) Chase Freedom (4K) Lowes (6K) VS Angel Card (2.4K), Macys (4K)
Message 3 of 5
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Message 4 of 5
TimeToRecover
Established Contributor

with a mortgage broker. 

Sorry I sometimes write like im talking.  I dont realize my train of though doesn't carry thru to the post.  Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.