cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Had collection with Midland for T-Mobile account, just paid T-Mobile, not sure what to do now

tag
TrulyyBlessed
Regular Contributor

Re: Had collection with Midland for T-Mobile account, just paid T-Mobile, not sure what to do now

I agree that this is a time consuming process and can be discouraging at times but just hang in there. I paid T-Mobile on the 12th at a local branch, faxed a letter requesting this to be removed from my credit report and insisted that they do not update this to "consumer disputes information",but remove it from my report. I have called both T-Mobile and Midland every other day since then and today when I spoke to a representative in Midland's Consumer Relations Dept. she informed my that the tradeline will be removed from my report. Midland is not a company that I trust so I'm waiting till I recieve this information in writing and it is no longer on my report before I actually believe them.

Starting Score: Nov. 2012 585
Current Score: EQ 733 EX 777 TU 743 Goal Score: 750+

Message 21 of 33
MysticcalFX
Valued Member

Re: Had collection with Midland for T-Mobile account, just paid T-Mobile, not sure what to do now

Has anyone tried paying an older account? Mine is about 4 years old and I can't seem to get Midland to PFD the entry and I was wondering if this would work. When I tried to call t-mobile about it last time they just told me it was charged off and to call the credit reporting agency (MCM)

Message 22 of 33
TrulyyBlessed
Regular Contributor

My T-Mobile account was 2 years old, and also I didn't call T-Mobile. I  went to my local T-Mobile store and told them I needed to pay an old bill. I paid it, got the reciept, and faxed the info. to Midland. I would say that if they allow you to pay the bill at your local retailer it should work out for you. Don't give up until you at least try to pay it in person at a T-Mobile store....

Starting Score: Nov. 2012 585
Current Score: EQ 733 EX 777 TU 743 Goal Score: 750+

Message 23 of 33
mikie209
Regular Contributor

I have an account from 2009 from t-mobile and it went to collection to midland. I called to see if I could pay t-mobile and they said they do not have access to the account to modify it or take payments. Is it different if you go in to the store?  Will I be able to pay it in store or will they still not have access?

Message 24 of 33
guiness56
Epic Contributor

If they don't have access to modify the account it could possibly mean it was sold to Midland.

Message 25 of 33
Sagnew
Established Member

Ack. Seeing this thread after I just paid T-Mobile over the phone for an account that closed in 2008. CR for T-Mobile said they would send the CA a letter that the debt was paid and to delete it, but I have a feeling I am going to have a few more weeks/months of fighting this. 

Message 26 of 33
EAT_SLEEP_JEEP
Valued Contributor

I wonder if this would work for Verizon also?  I have a old debt to them from 2007 or 2008 that I know midland has had for a while now.

KEEPER EVERYDAY CARDS/ AMEX CHARLES SCHWAB PLATINUM NPSL/ AMEX GOLD NPSL / AMEX GREEN NPSL/ AMEX EVERYDAY PREFERRED $30,000 CL/ AMEX BLUE BUSINESS PLUS $5000 SL/ AMEX BLUE CASH EVERYDAY $6000 / FIDELITY REWARDS VISA $23,500 SL/ NFCU FLAGSHIP $38,000 CL/ NFCU MORE REWARDS $33,000 /

SOCKDRAWERED FNBO JEEP CARD $7700/ WELLS FARGO ACTIVE CASH $8200/ CAPITAL ONE QUICKSILVER $3000 SL/ APPLE CARD $6500/ / PAYPAL CREDIT LINE $1700
Message 27 of 33
newmomnewme
Valued Contributor

@new_earth wrote:

thanks! I'm so excited to see it gone Smiley Happy

For anyone else doing the same thing, paying T-Mobile direct, I did the following to make sure it was deleted.....

I paid IN STORE so I could get a receipt immediately. Otherwise (like paying them over the phone) you will be waiting around two weeks at least until you receive a letter from T-Mobile. I paid mine on the 3rd and still have not received it. Fortunately I had the receipt from paying in store.

As soon as I paid, I typed up a letter telling Midland that I paid T-Mobile directly  and am requesting them to delete the account from my reports since they no longer have any money to collect from me. I also asked them NOT to mark the account on my report as disputed, since I am simply requesting it be removed.

If anyone needs the fax I can PM it, or you can easily call the phone# on their website and ask for the CSA department and ask them for the fax, or just ask whoever answers the phone for the dispute fax #. *The fax# on their website does not go to the right department, so don't bother.

After I faxed it (3 times actually to be sure they get it) I also emailed the CEO a few times letting him know about the situation and asking if there was anything he could help speed the process or make sure it gets deleted. I am not sure if he ever read it or if it had an affect but they are doing it quickly. Altogether 10 days since making the payment and only 7 days since faxing until hearing confirmation it will be deleted. And they WILL be sending me a letter stating so.

So simply put, what worked for me was:

-Pay the full amount IN PERSON at a T-Mobile store, it must be a retail T-Mobile store, NOT a dealer.

-Fax your receipt and a letter requesting deletion.

-Email the CEO asking him if he can help.

-Wait a few days then call Midland and ask the status. I sent my fax on the 6th and as of today it will be deleted between the 15th and 25th.

Hope it helps someone! This ended a lot easier than I thought it would. Thank God!!

Could you PM me Midland contact info? I have two accounts that were supposed to fall off of my reports this month.....Gap and Verizon. Somehow, they mysteriously have a mysteriously updated fall of date 5/2015!!!! I am going to call Gap and Verizon and see if they can find my accounts and take payment or at least give me proof of DOFD. 

012019 Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Current Fico9/Fico8/Mortgage Score:
MyGoal Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 28 of 33
newmomnewme
Valued Contributor

I just called Gap and they automatically transferred me to Midland! Sooooo, I don't think I will be able to get the actual DOFD from Gap until I speak to live person and ask them not to transfer me. 

012019 Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Current Fico9/Fico8/Mortgage Score:
MyGoal Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 29 of 33
ash4dance

Hello,

I am new to the FICO boards. So I am not sure where the get PM. However, if someone can get me the dispute fax # for MCM that would be wonderful. I had the same issue with T-Mobile. Went in store and received a copy of my receipt and it is paid in full. Midland said I needed to mail directly but I would like to send a fax.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Regards,

Ashley

Message 30 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.