Established Member
Keebs1

Re: Had collection with Midland for T-Mobile account, just paid T-Mobile, not sure what to do now

Can you sen me the email you used.  Thx

new_earth wrote:

thanks! I'm so excited to see it gone :smileyhappy:

For anyone else doing the same thing, paying T-Mobile direct, I did the following to make sure it was deleted.....

I paid IN STORE so I could get a receipt immediately. Otherwise (like paying them over the phone) you will be waiting around two weeks at least until you receive a letter from T-Mobile. I paid mine on the 3rd and still have not received it. Fortunately I had the receipt from paying in store.

As soon as I paid, I typed up a letter telling Midland that I paid T-Mobile directly  and am requesting them to delete the account from my reports since they no longer have any money to collect from me. I also asked them NOT to mark the account on my report as disputed, since I am simply requesting it be removed.

If anyone needs the fax I can PM it, or you can easily call the phone# on their website and ask for the CSA department and ask them for the fax, or just ask whoever answers the phone for the dispute fax #. *The fax# on their website does not go to the right department, so don't bother.

After I faxed it (3 times actually to be sure they get it) I also emailed the CEO a few times letting him know about the situation and asking if there was anything he could help speed the process or make sure it gets deleted. I am not sure if he ever read it or if it had an affect but they are doing it quickly. Altogether 10 days since making the payment and only 7 days since faxing until hearing confirmation it will be deleted. And they WILL be sending me a letter stating so.

So simply put, what worked for me was:

-Pay the full amount IN PERSON at a T-Mobile store, it must be a retail T-Mobile store, NOT a dealer.

-Fax your receipt and a letter requesting deletion.

-Email the CEO asking him if he can help.

-Wait a few days then call Midland and ask the status. I sent my fax on the 6th and as of today it will be deleted between the 15th and 25th.

Hope it helps someone! This ended a lot easier than I thought it would. Thank God!!

JULY 2013 - EQ FICO 646 / TU FICO 632 / EX FICO 616
Valued Member
terminalhockey11

Re: Had collection with Midland for T-Mobile account, just paid T-Mobile, not sure what to do now

Once T-Mobile sells off the debt you are free to open a new account.  They could care less.

However, they are also fine about walking the debt back to them and taking payment.  Many times they will settle.  I have a few buddies who used to work in their Collections/Financial Care department and that makes up about 1/3rd of their day.

After that it should be taken off the CA account (deleted) since they no longer own it.  My guess is that T-Mobile sells it but keeps the right to retain at a later date and just pays the CA what they originally sold it for.  

Frequent Contributor
new_earth

yay they really are deleting! They are gone from Experian as of today, so I am sure it will be gone from the other two over the next few days. Now to catch up on the real bills after paying this big chunk to make it happen  :smileysad:

but yayyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait to see a score change even on the FAKO's I get on MPM. Then hopefully Portfolio will be gone soon too with my BBB complaint. Fixing credit is very gratifying!

The Duck Card $7500 - DCU Visa Platinum $7100 - Amex Everyday $5000 - Amex Delta Skymiles $7700 - Amex BCE $2000 - Discover it $2500 - Chase Marriott $5000 - Chase Freedom $3500 - Chase Slate $2000 - Barclay Rewards MC $3300 - Ebates Visa $1800 - Macy's Amex $3000 - Bloomingdale's Amex $3000 - Walmart Discover $6000 - Chevron-Texaco Visa $3300 - PayPal SC $3200 - Home Depot $5000 - and too many other store cards
Contributor
iMarcus

congrats let us know how much your fico score goes up!

Frequent Contributor
new_earth

thanks! I am probably going to have to wait until the end of the month when I get my first FICO score from DCU. By then we can see what it is with that Midland gone, a 10+ year AU account showing up, and possibly one more CA gone. :smileyvery-happy: I will definitely post when all that happens!

The Duck Card $7500 - DCU Visa Platinum $7100 - Amex Everyday $5000 - Amex Delta Skymiles $7700 - Amex BCE $2000 - Discover it $2500 - Chase Marriott $5000 - Chase Freedom $3500 - Chase Slate $2000 - Barclay Rewards MC $3300 - Ebates Visa $1800 - Macy's Amex $3000 - Bloomingdale's Amex $3000 - Walmart Discover $6000 - Chevron-Texaco Visa $3300 - PayPal SC $3200 - Home Depot $5000 - and too many other store cards
Frequent Contributor
cookiebird

Thanks for the information. I am getting ready to tackle a T-mobile bill and was wondering if the CA would delete it. It will be a few weeks for this but it is not through Midland.  Now I think I will use the same process you did to ensure it gets removed!

last app 11/13/2013 gardening for at least a year
Valued Member
SLbaddie

[ Edited ]

I am doing this now, so we'll see if it works for me.  I just paid Tmobile the full balance ($330) for an account I defaulted on in 2009 (MCM shows they picked up the debt in 2011).  The CSA said it was charged off to Midland, but that I could pay Tmobile directly or they could give me the contact information for Midland to set up payments.The payment shows up already on my card as being paid to Tmobile and they said they would mail me confirmation of payment in full in a few days. I tried to PFD to Midland without success so I'm hoping this might be the answer to get this substantial derogatory mark off my CRs.

Current Scores:                 Starting Scores:
EQ FICO 648 (7/22/14)     EQ FICO 575 (5/1/13)
TU FICO 678 (7/11/14)     TU FICO 558 (6/1/13)
EX FICO 641 (7/10/14)     EX FICO 570 (6/13/13)

Not much change yet, but it's coming!
Frequent Contributor
cookiebird

It worked for me. I sent a DV letter to the CA (ERC) for T-mobile and they never answered, I just got a finalized bill from T-mobile. I called T-mobile, paid and ERC is gone off my reports.

last app 11/13/2013 gardening for at least a year
Regular Contributor
TrulyyBlessed

Hi,

Can you Please send me the correct fax number to dispute the debt with Midland. I am going to a T-Mobile location today and I pray this works!! Thanks so much for the advice. I tried contacting Midland and they were total jerks. I would much rather pay the entire balance than pay %50, this remains on my credit, and more importantly having to deal with them...Thanks!!

Starting Score: Nov. 2012 585
Current Score: EQ 723 EX 725 TU 679 Goal Score: 700+

New Contributor
movinup1

Wel, it didn't work for me.  I did not pay in person (because I hadn't read this thread prior to making my payment).  I did send correspondence to MCM asking them to delete.  My request was sent along with the copy of cancelled check to T-Mobile, and letter to T-mobile thanking them for their willingness to recall the debt from the CA, as I'd been told would happen by 3 different T-mobile representatives. 

I just rec'd a respons stating they'd update the status of my account to "Consumer disputes information..." 

I just threw my hands  up in agony!  The thing about working these baddies, is that it s very time-consuming and draining!  I sometimes work up the strength to fight, and write letters, and make phone calls for a few weeks, and then I get to a point where I can't go any further.  That's kind of where I am now.  Hopefully in a few weeks I'll have the energy to send a new round of letters & emails...

Starting Score: 498
Current Score: 660
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}