Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Handling my Closed vs Open Collections

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Handling my Closed vs Open Collections

I have an open collections account on my credit report from Midland Funding which bought a $1026 debt from synchrony bank. I paid it in full two weeks ago. Midlands policy says that it "stops reporting" on PIF accounts but does this mean they will remove the credit report? Trying to get this one off.
I also have two Closed collections accounts that I'm trying to resolve. One is a $2700 debt from Chase which is being handled by a CA named MRS. The other is a $406 dollar debt from Capitol One being handled through First Source Advantage. I'm willing to pay both in full to have them taken off but I have yet to get through to a qualified rep to discuss this option. Any advice on these accounts and how I may resolve them to help my credit would be greatly appreciated! I made some stupid decisions in college and am applying to medical school, so I would like these to resolve soon.
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Handling my Closed vs Open Collections

@Anonymous wrote:
I have an open collections account on my credit report from Midland Funding which bought a $1026 debt from synchrony bank. I paid it in full two weeks ago. Midlands policy says that it "stops reporting" on PIF accounts but does this mean they will remove the credit report? Trying to get this one off.
They will update it to paid and Midland has a new policy that anything that is older than 2 years you can ask them to remove it from your CR with a GW letter

I also have two Closed collections accounts that I'm trying to resolve. One is a $2700 debt from Chase which is being handled by a CA named MRS. The other is a $406 dollar debt from Capitol One being handled through First Source Advantage. I'm willing to pay both in full to have them taken off but I have yet to get through to a qualified rep to discuss this option. Any advice on these accounts and how I may resolve them to help my credit would be greatly appreciated! I made some stupid decisions in college and am applying to medical school, so I would like these to resolve soon. Use the PFD on the CAs, if the OCs still own it they will update to 0 balance paid once it is paid in full.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.