Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Happy Dance Approval

tag
FatBank
New Contributor

Happy Dance Approval

Well I've been hard at repair for a little over a year and have got my TU score up just shy of 100 points. Been gardening my Capital One Secured ($201 CL) and Capital One Rewards ($750 CL) for almost 2 years. Decided to pull the trigger on a Barclay NFL Extra Points card today since they pull TU and got an instant approval for $1900. Oh man does all that hard work feel good today! Thanks to all of you! I don't post much but I have spent hours on here reading an researching! Merry Christmas!

Starting Score: Fico TU 571 (11/21/12)
Current Score: Fico EX 719 (04/23/14) Fico EQ 681 (04/18/14) Fico TU 713 (03/31/14)
Goal Score: 720+

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
MegaMom
Valued Member

Re: Happy Dance Approval

It's a good feeling!!!  Congrats to you.  Smiley Very Happy

BK ch7 filed 6/11 - Discharged 11/11
FICO EQ 648 TU 639 on 7/12
Current: EQ 698 TU 678 EX ?

Cap1Plat $4k. Cap1QS $3500. Cap1 Venture 15k VS $4700. BarclaysVisa $12k DiscoverIT $ 8000. Amazon 3k. Walmart 1500.
AmexBlue 2k
Message 2 of 15
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats...  I have that card too, and personally, I love it!

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 3 of 15
baller4life
Super Contributor

Smiley Happy Congrats!!

Message 4 of 15
howiez28
New Contributor

What would be my chances of getting approved?

EX FICO: 682, EQ FICO: 641, TU FICO: 655

All of my bad accounts just dropped off with the exception of one medical collection for $2,200 that is only a year and a half old.  I plan to try and PIF for a delete with my tax return.  I just can't pay it now.  I have a handful of 30 day lates from 2008 and one from the beginning of the year.  My two auto loans ( Honda Financial and Capital one auto) are in perfect standing.  I also have some student loans on deferement. 

The only line of credit that I currently have is a secured capital one card for $200.  I've had it for a little less than two years and I have a perfect history with it.

I really want to dd another if of credit to my credit profile and increase my utilization.  I'm just afraid that my one collection will keep me from moving forward.

Message 5 of 15
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

Congrats! Nice work Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 15
FatBank
New Contributor

@howiez28  In my personal experience I couldn’t get any unsecured cards other than Capital One to touch me with collections, I tried a few like Wal-Mart. My final 3 collections just fell off as well and my TU score went from 629 to 667 which is the reason I decided to apply. The only negatives I have left are 14 defaulted student loans with 0 balances because they were consolidated with direct loans about 3 years ago. They are near the end and due to fall in March '14 so I'm sure that helped.

I got the Capital One secured card first then after about 6 months applied for the Capital One Cash Rewards card and was approved for $500. After another 3 months it went to $750 as part of their credit steps program.  Nothing after that for nearly two years, tried the online CLI twice in that time since it’s a SP but was not approved. Basically I just did PFD, GW, and waited out the last 3 collections since they wouldn’t work with me.

Hope that info helps you decide. I think your scores are close to the range but I’m not sure how they will look at that collection, maybe some of the vets around here will have a better answer.

Starting Score: Fico TU 571 (11/21/12)
Current Score: Fico EX 719 (04/23/14) Fico EQ 681 (04/18/14) Fico TU 713 (03/31/14)
Goal Score: 720+

Message 7 of 15
credit-hunter
Frequent Contributor

Congrats on your gift from Santa...

Message 8 of 15
baller4life
Super Contributor

@howiez28 most of the big players have pre-approval sites where you can see what you may be qualified for without a hard pull. I think you have a good shot of picking up a couple. Especially Barclays if you don't have a lot of inqs on Transunion.
Message 9 of 15
baller4life
Super Contributor

@howiez28 also try some of the GE cards like Walmart, Amazon, etc. I think you have a really good chance with those as well.
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.