Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Happy Dance!!!

tag
Eberron
Established Member

Happy Dance!!!

I really started reading the forums in January and at the time my Equifax was at 533. By putting into action things I have learned on here I have been able to increase my score to 650. I just got the alert a few minutes ago and had to jump for Joy. 

Thankyou to everyone that keeps adding information and being so helpful even when the answers aren't easily accomplished. 

oh and by the way the waiting is probably the hardest part for me. It seems you send out a gw and wait, then you wait some more and then you wait for your score to update and its a crap shoot as to how much it will change. 

I am going to garden now while waiting for my house to close. 

Starting Score: 533
Current Score: 650
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
How2increase
Regular Contributor

Re: Happy Dance!!!

That is awesome!!!!! Congrats! I'm so happy to hear that! What have you done to increase it so much?
Jan 2012 TU 517 EX(fako) 524 EQ 470
Current score LENDER PULL TU 652 EX 641 EQ 617
Yayy we made it!!!
Message 2 of 4
Eberron
Established Member

I started by reducing my utilization.

I have had credit for 10 years but had 2 bad divorces and when I started really learning about credit I saw things on my report that made no sense so I started researching them.

Turns out some were collections that insurance should have paid but hadn't ever been filed with the insurance. They have since been filed and paid. 

I also had a 30 day late from 2009 and I gw that and it was removed.

I never realized I could ask for credit limits on my credit cards so they have been sitting at low credit limits for years so I called and got them increased. 

I did apply for a new card its just a $300 one. 

I gw'd some very old paid collections that I didnt know could  be removed and have since had them all removed. 

I wish I knew the things when I was younger that I know now. Credit is like a relationship you have to care for it and protect it and work at it. Its not easy to achieve but its so worth it. 

I have 1 charge off sitting on my credit that I cant afford to pay right now and its within the sol so I am not sure if I should try to pfd it or what my best option is for that one. 

Starting Score: 533
Current Score: 650
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats Eberron. I too, learned alot from this forum. A tremendous amount! All of the people that have given their time and info, like Sidewinder etc., are truly a blessing! I am now helping my DH get his straightened out now. I am also trying to teach my tweens about credit, especially since no one ever talked to me. Good luck to you!
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.