Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Happy tears!! Capital One GW Success!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Happy tears!! Capital One GW Success!!!

I had a charge off on my credit report from 2014 in the amount of $543 dollars. It was from my Capital One CC that ended up going into default when I lost my job. I sent my letter by email on Tuesday and received a call today from a lady in the executive office saying that she had approval to remove the account from my reports and that she would also be sending out a letter confirming this. I am hoping for atleast a small bump in my score once it's removed! By the way, that was the THIRD GW letter I had sent to them. The first two times they denied my request. Don't give up if they deny you at first!!!
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Happy tears!! Capital One GW Success!!!

You sent an email or a letter? was it to a specific person?

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am so happy for you!! Cap1 is awesome. They are by far IMO the most forgiving creditor!!

Congratulations!!
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great job
How frequently did you send the letters and did you send the same letter each time ?
Message 4 of 11
izzesparks
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I had a charge off on my credit report from 2014 in the amount of $543 dollars. It was from my Capital One CC that ended up going into default when I lost my job. I sent my letter by email on Tuesday and received a call today from a lady in the executive office saying that she had approval to remove the account from my reports and that she would also be sending out a letter confirming this. I am hoping for atleast a small bump in my score once it's removed! By the way, that was the THIRD GW letter I had sent to them. The first two times they denied my request. Don't give up if they deny you at first!!!

SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!! Smiley Happy Smiley Happy BUT This worries me about my own situation a little, I sent them a GW also my third try and they called me today and I missed their call smh. What if he was calling to approve my request and changes his mind tomorrow Smiley Surprised

Starting Score: TU-470 4/11/19, EQ-482 4/11/19, EX-486 4/11/19
Current Score: TU-507 7/18/19, EQ-517 7/18/19, EX-508 7/18/19
Goal Score: TU-700, EQ-700, EX-700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Would you mind sharing what you sent over?

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Following

Message 7 of 11
frio
Frequent Contributor

I would love the Cap 1 contact as well if possible !!

Starting Score: 589 / TU: 600
Current Score: 696 / TU: 696
Goal Score: 700 / TU: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 8 of 11
righthererightnow
Frequent Contributor

congrats!

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

nchilders,

congrats! i have one recent 30 day derog on my report from capital one, been with them 7+ years this is the only late payment i've ever had. however, i haven't had any success in getting them to remove it. would it be possible to share the GW letter you used and the address you sent it to? i figure it may be helpful to see what approach you used and have sometihng to go off of when i am writing mine. also want to make sure it ends up in the right place.

thank you!

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.