cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hard Inquiry Delete Success!! (Day after occurrence)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hard Inquiry Delete Success!! (Day after occurrence)

First post here. Have been browsing the forums for a couple months and gained a lot if knowledge which helped me. I will be updating my SIG with my scores shortly.

Yesterday I went into the Sprint Store to inquire about the new iPhone6. I'm currently not a sprint customer but was interested in their plans. They asked for my social and license, to which I asked why. They told me it was to run my credit.

I'm in a rebuilding phase after noticing my credit has definitely not been stellar, in hopes of a mortgage late next year, so when they mentioned that I had to ask wether it was a soft or hard inquiry. I was assured it was a soft inquiry.

Ended up not getting anything there since I was simply inquiring, and went home thinking everything was okay. MyFico alerted me early the next morning that I had a hard pull on Experian from Sprint and that it docked my 6 points. I was furious.

Called Sprints Credit Department to which they said they can't do anything, so I proceeded to file a dispute with it online with Equifax "unauthorized pull". I decided to try to call again and manager to get the Credit Supervisor, and after explaining that I did not purchase any services or phone, and was told that it was a soft pull, they promptly said they would reverse the inquiry and it should be taken off of my account within 7-10 days. I was ecstatic! Because I thought removing hard inquiries was well.... Hard.

But NOW I have a dispute that I just filed with Experian. Should I call Experian's Dispute Department and ask them to cancel the dispute and say that Sprint ended up taking care of it? Or just let the investigation continue?
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Hard Inquiry Delete Success!! (Day after occurrence)

Forgive my typos. Autocorrect and me writing at the dinner table doesn't mix well lol
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!......Thanks for sharing..Smiley Wink

Message 3 of 6
DeadlyPersona
Frequent Contributor

I would let the investigation continue with Experian because you don't know for sure if Sprint will keep their word and cancel the inquiry.  Plus the dispute you have with Experian will take up to 30 days to investigate.  They will also contact Sprint and request proof of whether the inquiry should have taken place.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Experian Investigation completed already. Super fast.

Their result said that it sees it as factual information. Whereas the Sprint rep told me it should be removed and I'll expect a mail. Should I just wait for the letter in the mail to arrive?
Message 5 of 6
-NewGuy-
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
Experian Investigation completed already. Super fast.

Their result said that it sees it as factual information. Whereas the Sprint rep told me it should be removed and I'll expect a mail. Should I just wait for the letter in the mail to arrive?

I would give Sprint their 10 business days, and then call back if it is still present on your report. In fact, on day 11 I would call just to be sure that they removed.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.