Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hard Inquiry Removal

tag
User273165
Regular Contributor

Hard Inquiry Removal

I have a quick question for everyone.  Is there any way to get hard inquiries removed from my report? They are all legitimate but I just would like to know of there was anyway to get them removed sooner than the 2 year drop-off. 

Also, I am in the process of obtaining a mortgage, do you recomend waiting to try and get them removed until after my loan approval?

I already have the pre-approval but I dont want anything to be in dispute during the closing process.

Thanks

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Hard Inquiry Removal

They will continue to stay on your report for 2 years, only affecting your FICO scoring for 1.  There are shady methods out there, but I would not suggest trying them.  They have potential to cause you a lot of problems.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 2 of 8
User273165
Regular Contributor

Thanks, that's all I needed to know.  I just got my scores almost to where I want them and dont want to risk ruining them.

Message 3 of 8
HiLine
Blogger

Googling 'inquiry bumpage' you will find a method. 

Message 4 of 8
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Googling inquiry bumping and following the steps will also screw up your CR.  You can bump things off you don't want off,  split your files, etc.  

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 5 of 8
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Permissible purpose=authority to receive your CR.

Coding of the inquiry as so-called "hard" or "soft" is not an issue covered or restricted under the FCRA, other than pulls to obtain your name and address for promotional offers of credit.

Disputes over hard-coding are near impossible to support under any provision of statute or regulation, provided the inquiree has provided the CRA with a legitimate permissible purpose.  Disputes over any matters relating to inquiries are totally exempt from the direct dispute process, so must be made via the CRA.

With the CRA in possession of a stated permissible purpose, which the consumer does not even see, that kinda forcloses argument of failing to provide permissible purpose.

Not usually worth the time and hassle.

Message 6 of 8
beb86
Valued Contributor

@HiLine wrote:

Googling 'inquiry bumpage' you will find a method. 

I never understood how this would be worth it the (-) definitely out weight the (+) on bumpage 

Message 7 of 8
User273165
Regular Contributor

Yah i'm definitely not doing that. I would rather let them drop off on their own. Thanks everyone
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.