Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hard Pull Delete Letter

tag
Woodyou812
Valued Member

Hard Pull Delete Letter

This summer my wife purchased a vehicle. I don't know what I was thinking, but the salesman asked me to apply as well. He made it seem like it wouldn't be a hard pull, but it was. I know better now.

I reached out to him and explained that my wife purchased the car, but didn't need my help, so as a courtesy could you would you please remove that hard inquiry?

He said yes, he'd be happy to do it, but doesn't know how.

He's offering to draft a letter on their letterhead to send to the CBRs to have it removed.

Does anybody have any knowledge of this? Any idea what the letter should say?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Hard Pull Delete Letter

The toothpaste is out of the tube.  The CRA has received an filled a request for a credit report, and will not delete their record of that fact for legal reasons.

Best bet is not to seek deletion, but rather to have the dealer update their inquiry to a soft pull.

A soft pull, by definition, is not viewable by others, and does not affect credit scoring.

They are certified in the Metro 2 format procedures as part of their approval for a credit reporting agreement with the CRA, and thus should know how to report the type of inquiry.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.