Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hard pull w/no PP?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hard pull w/no PP?

Coincidence I supose but I also have the same hard pull on my EQ CR from that company 'Captlmgmt' on the exact same days.  Once on  May 12 2008 and then on May 13 2008. Im relatively new here and joined to seek advice on exactly this issue.  I'm intending to send them a Non Authorized Inquiery letter (PP) CMRRR. What should I expect after I send them the letter? Will they Captlmgmt relist as soft, remove it all together, or will I have to file a dispute with the CRA to have any of those things occur?

Secondly, I have an adverse account that appears on all three CBR's, TU & EX list that the 'estimated date of removal' is 12/08, but EQ lists 7/08. Is this normal...should I pursue its removal with EQ right away, based on what it says on there CR, or should I DV EQ, or all of them, or the OC?

Thanks in advance
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Hard pull w/no PP?

When you send the non-PP letter - they will either
Ignore it
Re-code/delete
Claim they have PP
or send a settlement check

Wait for a response- if you get the "ignore" treatment Sue them.

If you have a DEROG scheduled to be removed in July- just leave it alone. 

If it's listed wrong- it may change the removal date to DEC!!!!!!!!

I would look closely at the details from each CRA and see if it supposed to be removed earlier than Dec.

Should be 7 years after DOFD
EQ uses DOLA for this status date.

kasumi9 wrote:
Coincidence I supose but I also have the same hard pull on my EQ CR from that company 'Captlmgmt' on the exact same days.  Once on  May 12 2008 and then on May 13 2008. Im relatively new here and joined to seek advice on exactly this issue.  I'm intending to send them a Non Authorized Inquiery letter (PP) CMRRR. What should I expect after I send them the letter? Will they Captlmgmt relist as soft, remove it all together, or will I have to file a dispute with the CRA to have any of those things occur?

Secondly, I have an adverse account that appears on all three CBR's, TU & EX list that the 'estimated date of removal' is 12/08, but EQ lists 7/08. Is this normal...should I pursue its removal with EQ right away, based on what it says on there CR, or should I DV EQ, or all of them, or the OC?

Thanks in advance

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Coincidence I supose but I also have the same hard pull on my EQ CR from that company 'Captlmgmt' on the exact same days. Once on May 12 2008 and then on May 13 2008. Im relatively new here and joined to seek advice on exactly this issue. I'm intending to send them a Non Authorized Inquiery letter (PP) CMRRR. What should I expect after I send them the letter? Will they Captlmgmt relist as soft, remove it all together, or will I have to file a dispute with the CRA to have any of those things

If I'm not mistaken (and I may very well be), it wouldn't be an unauthorized inquiry if it's a CA or OC (Capitol Management seems to be a CA). IIRC, owing someone money automatically authorizes them to make inquiries on your account.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong or misunderstand!
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

You are mistaken -

They must have Permissible Purpose per
Section § 604 Permissible purposes of consumer reports
of the FCRA.

For collection activities- this MUST be originated from a credit transaction.

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Coincidence I supose but I also have the same hard pull on my EQ CR from that company 'Captlmgmt' on the exact same days. Once on May 12 2008 and then on May 13 2008. Im relatively new here and joined to seek advice on exactly this issue. I'm intending to send them a Non Authorized Inquiery letter (PP) CMRRR. What should I expect after I send them the letter? Will they Captlmgmt relist as soft, remove it all together, or will I have to file a dispute with the CRA to have any of those things

If I'm not mistaken (and I may very well be), it wouldn't be an unauthorized inquiry if it's a CA or OC (Capitol Management seems to be a CA). IIRC, owing someone money automatically authorizes them to make inquiries on your account.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong or misunderstand!

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Tim

As for the hard pull can I really sue them if they had no PP and just ingore me? If they do ingore me, how will I know if they had PP? Aslo say they do relist/delete it are they still liable to be sued say I was denied something in the interim?  I'm not sue crazy, just curious Smiley Wink

About the Derog,  some of the details were incorrect sorry....The derog is from a CA, but the OC does not appear on any of the CMR's.
EX is the one that has it listed until 7/08 and they dont list DOFD? At least not on my report. They only indicate these
Date Opened: 05/2002                None of these make sense
Reported Since: 12/2001
Date of Status: 12/2001 <---- What is this ?
Last Reported: 12/2004 ....... is this the DOLA??

Additionally TU reports that "item will be removed: 11/2008" but they also dont list all the info. Only:
Date placed for collection: 05/2002
Date Updated: 06/2002  ??? 
This derrog also appears TWICE on TU with all the same info except the account # differs. Is this cause for a DV to TU?

Lastly EQ does not supply any estimated expiration time but has the following info:
Date Reported: 12/2004
Date Assigned: 05/2002
DOFD: 12/2001
Balance Date: 12/2004 ??
DOLA: N/A <------ Does this give me any leverage?

Any insights?
Thanks

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would leave it alone-
It appears it is not supposed to be removed until Nov.

kasumi9 wrote:
Thanks Tim

As for the hard pull can I really sue them if they had no PP and just ingore me? If they do ingore me, how will I know if they had PP? Aslo say they do relist/delete it are they still liable to be sued say I was denied something in the interim?  I'm not sue crazy, just curious Smiley Wink

About the Derog,  some of the details were incorrect sorry....The derog is from a CA, but the OC does not appear on any of the CMR's.
EX is the one that has it listed until 7/08 and they dont list DOFD? At least not on my report. They only indicate these
Date Opened: 05/2002                None of these make sense
Reported Since: 12/2001
Date of Status: 12/2001 <---- What is this ?
Last Reported: 12/2004 ....... is this the DOLA??

Additionally TU reports that "item will be removed: 11/2008" but they also dont list all the info. Only:
Date placed for collection: 05/2002
Date Updated: 06/2002  ??? 
This derrog also appears TWICE on TU with all the same info except the account # differs. Is this cause for a DV to TU?

Lastly EQ does not supply any estimated expiration time but has the following info:
Date Reported: 12/2004
Date Assigned: 05/2002
DOFD: 12/2001
Balance Date: 12/2004 ??
DOLA: N/A <------ Does this give me any leverage?

Any insights?
Thanks

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.