Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hard pulls and Auto dealers

tag
timsim
Valued Member

Hard pulls and Auto dealers

Have a question for you folks.  In march of this year i bought a car and arond 5 dealers pulled my credit.  On all of my credit reports they count each one as a hard pull.  Do lenders manually take out those pulls?  My experian report has a spot that shows was lenders see and it does include the auto pulls.

Thanks!

Starting Score: 630
Current Score: 642
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Hard pulls and Auto dealers

Any other creditor can see all HPs.

What do you mean by taking out those pulls?

If asking do they remove them themselves, no, they don't.

For FICO purposes, all of thoses inquiries (5) only count as one if they were done between 14 and 45 days, depending on the scoring model they used.

Message 2 of 8
timsim
Valued Member

On experian there is a link that shows what creditors see when they pull your report. It shows 11 hard pulls, this 11 includes the 5 auto pulls.

Starting Score: 630
Current Score: 642
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 8
masscredit
Valued Contributor

I've wondered that from I was car shopping and shopping to refi later. I know they are scored as one but they can all be seen and are part of the total number of inquiries. Like if there are 10 inquiries and 5 are from car loan shopping, it shows a total of 10.

Pre-Credit Rebuild Scores Pre-DC (3/24/22) - EQ - 524 / TU - 519 / EX - 495

Current Scores - EQ - 687 / TU - 663/ EX - 677

TD Bank - $5000 / Mercury - $5000 / Capital One Savor One- $5000 / SDFCU Secured - $4990 / Capital One QuickSiver - $4500 / Ally Master Card - $2800/ Walmart Mastercard - $2250

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 4 of 8
tomfromrictmame
Frequent Contributor

Keep in mind that what is showing and what is figured into the scoring are 2 different things.  If you are rate shopping for an auto or a car, and the pulls are within a 15-45 day period, they only count as a single inquiry from a scoring perspective.

In other words, what Guiness56 said Smiley Tongue

AMEX Platinum NPSL | BofA Cash Rewards Visa $50K | NFCU Sig Visa $27K | Chase Marriott Rewards Visa $25K | AMEX Delta Skymiles $25K | BofA Sig Visa $25K | First Tech Odyssey MC $25K | AMEX HHonors Surpass $23K | Chase United Club Unlimited Visa $20K | Barclays AAdvantage WMC $17K | NFCU LOC $15K | NASA Platinum Visa $15K| NFCU Sig Visa $14K
Message 5 of 8
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@masscredit wrote:

I've wondered that from I was car shopping and shopping to refi later. I know they are scored as one but they can all be seen and are part of the total number of inquiries. Like if there are 10 inquiries and 5 are from car loan shopping, it shows a total of 10.

Yes, they do show but any creditor should know you were car searching by the way they are coded and not hold it against you.

Message 6 of 8
masscredit
Valued Contributor

@guiness56 wrote:

@masscredit wrote:

Yes, they do show but any creditor should know you were car searching by the way they are coded and not hold it against you.

How about when it comes to scoring. Is that taking into consideration? 

Pre-Credit Rebuild Scores Pre-DC (3/24/22) - EQ - 524 / TU - 519 / EX - 495

Current Scores - EQ - 687 / TU - 663/ EX - 677

TD Bank - $5000 / Mercury - $5000 / Capital One Savor One- $5000 / SDFCU Secured - $4990 / Capital One QuickSiver - $4500 / Ally Master Card - $2800/ Walmart Mastercard - $2250

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 7 of 8
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@masscredit wrote:

@guiness56 wrote:

@masscredit wrote:

How about when it comes to scoring. Is that taking into consideration? 

What do you mean? 

Even though they all show on your CR, if they are coded correctly, FICO knows and only scores them as 1.  If they aren't coded correctly, it could be an issue in scoring.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.