Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hard time getting judgment vacated

tag
AutumnH
New Contributor

Hard time getting judgment vacated

Ok, so I've paid this judgement thats on my credit report in full back in 2008. It is showing that it its satisfied, but the Credit bureaus will not delete it when I dispute it. I've contacted justice court asking what I need to do to have it removed from my credit report and they keep saying dispute it! I'm tired of hitting a brick wall. I live in MS are there any suggestions out there?

Chapter 7 Discharged June 2015

Trying to rebuild
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: Hard time getting judgment vacated

@AutumnH wrote:

Ok, so I've paid this judgement thats on my credit report in full back in 2008. It is showing that it its satisfied, but the Credit bureaus will not delete it when I dispute it. I've contacted justice court asking what I need to do to have it removed from my credit report and they keep saying dispute it! I'm tired of hitting a brick wall. I live in MS are there any suggestions out there?

When you paid was the judgment vacated or was it noted as being satisfied?    In most jurisdictions you need to have the judgment vacated in order to have it removed.

It should drop from your credit reports in 2015.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 8
AutumnH
New Contributor

It was noted as being satisfied...what's the difference? I know it will be removed next year but was in the process of doing something's where I needed it removed before then.

Trying to rebuild
Message 3 of 8
elim
Senior Contributor

@AutumnH wrote:

It was noted as being satisfied...what's the difference? I know it will be removed next year but was in the process of doing something's where I needed it removed before then.

satisfied: marked as satisfied/paid

vacated: removed all traces

you can file a "motion to vacate" with valid grounds (not properly served, etc.). most will vacate rather than spend the $$ in legal.

each state/county... YMMV

Message 4 of 8
AutumnH
New Contributor

UGHHH! Getting frustrated! My county acts is if there is no such thing "motion to vacate" They just keep saying its public record and thats what the credit agency is pulling but if its showing satisfied then it can be disputed and removed.. I think they are slow.

Trying to rebuild
Message 5 of 8
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

@AutumnH wrote:

UGHHH! Getting frustrated! My county acts is if there is no such thing "motion to vacate" They just keep saying its public record and thats what the credit agency is pulling but if its showing satisfied then it can be disputed and removed.. I think they are slow.

They're incorrect unfortunately.    Satisfied judgments will only be noted as "Satisfied" and remain on your reports.

I'd recommend talking with an attorney to find out how to proceed with getting the judgment vacated.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 6 of 8
Momof5
Frequent Contributor

Often you can ask the attorney that filed the case against you if he would be willing to have the judgement vacated since he has been paid.

Some will, some won't. YMMV

Starting Score: 472
Current Score: EQ:703 TU: 729 EX:737
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 8
AutumnH
New Contributor

Ok. Thanks

Trying to rebuild
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.