cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hard work has finally paid off ! NFCU approved

tag
Azulluna

Re: Hard work has finally paid off ! NFCU approved

Congratulations! I can tell you that after years of being in the crap hole of bad credit, the sense of peace and relief I feel now that I am on the road to recovery is amazing! 2014 is going to be wonderful! Keep up the great work!

12/2013 EX-616 EQ-604 TU-585
Cap 1 secured 250, Cap 1 500, First Premier 700, Walmart 400 Barclay 500
BK7 Discharged June 2013
In the Garden until May 2013
Message 11 of 24
Mysticuno
Contributor

Hear hear...Here's to a Happy New Year to All and to All 'Good Credit' :-)

Current Score: EFX 645, XPN 680, TU 725
Message 12 of 24
JamaJama

Alot of reading and staying up late also helped out alot. I'm thinking about getting one more CC (possible Capitol One quicksilver) so I'm trying to get my last baddie off of my report.  Its a collection for an apartment complex for $3100..Long story short...I broke the lease with them when noise from DOWNSTAIRS was going up through the wall to my bedroom keeping me up and then some throughout the day when I was off. They said i couldn't move to another unit unless i had stayed there longer than 70% of my year lease. So after 3 months I just upped and moved.

So I think a PFD letter would work with them. Thinking that I should pay the collections off first, then waiting for it to show on my report and then try to get the quicksilver card. Any guess on how much my score would jump once I get it removed? I  think this is holding me back from getting close to the 700 mark. Just trying to get an idea before I pull the trigger and start maiingl letters to them.

The only other debt I would have is my student loans at 30K which is paid on time for the last 2 years.

Starting Score: 500
Current Score: 12/15/13 665TU 2/4/14 669 TU 681 EX
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 13 of 24
JamaJama

Finally got my last baddie paid off today. Called National credit systems and talked to lady to get my collections paid and hopefully deleted. They accepted half of the amount, which was fine with me and gave me a letter showing "paid in full". I asked if they would accept a paid in full for delete.  She asked to place me on hold and would talk to the senior finance manager. Not sure if she really talked to anyone but she was nice and calm. Not rude and pushy like some others I have come across. Comes back on the phone and said they usually don't but they would make a verbal agreement since the phone call was recorded and since I'm paying a large amount. They would do you this as a courtesy and report it to the 3 agency's on the 24 Jan. This I will wait to see.

Not really sure how to feel about the verbal agreement but I now have ZERO accounts that I have to wrory about paying back. Can't wait to see what kind of score bump I would get when it gets off. 

Thanks to everyone for the help and success stories!

Message 14 of 24
Mysticuno
Contributor

@JamaJama...Congrats on your milestone! I too have just paid off my last baddie settled for $1297 with CA for WFDS.  During my credit cleanup I was really lucky with the verbal agreements to remove instead of GW letters. Now waiting to see what kind of bump when the new cards report 0 bal and 7% util on my NFCU (secured $500). Just sitting and waiting to see some movement in the scores.

Message 15 of 24
JamaJama

Thanks Mysticuno, glad it working out for everyone. I love reading success stories.

All this planning ahead has worked out and I just need to get a few good Credit cards and just sit in the garden. I reviewed so many Credit cards and looked for the pros/cons and narrowed them down to 3. I only applied to 2 because I thought I would get approved with my credit score and grow when I jump in the garden. Barclay and Military Star card (not really a credit card but works when I go on base).LOL.

I applied with Barclay and thought even if I got a $500 starting line I would take it and just use it for gas or food. I hit submit and got "DECLINE". Not too disappointed but I thought I might try to RECON on Monday and see if I can use the whole "have not missed a payment for last 2 years" "util at 10%" and see what happens.

I also tried the Military star card, filled out the app and hit submit. Got the horrible "5-7 days" message thinking darn, still not good enough. So I let it go and check my score some more. Nothing else I can do but jump in the garden and wait. So today I get a message alert thinking the Hard pull they did just kicked in and noticed that it was from Military star card. I dig in some more and it says that a new account opened. I'm like....what, how did a new account get opened. So I jump online and start a online chat with a rep.

Come to find out I got APPROVED for Military star card for 4K and clothing allowance for 500. I was like what, are you serious. Yessssssssssssssssss!!!!. Now I'm going to try my hardest to get Barclay and then jump in the garden till summer.

Message 16 of 24
JamaJama

Just thought I would add another update since I last checked my reports. Work has been picking up nicely and keeping me busy for days. I checked my score last night and saw that TU jumped up from 638 to 659. EX jumped from 665 to 681 and I haven't pulled EQ yet but I know its going to be a bit lower for me.  I got a couple of points from adding new lines of credit. When the balance reported it was just 1 point here and 2 points there. All worth it in my opinion.

I will be going back into the garden since I used a HP today with NFCU to try and get an auto loan. Walked into the branch early today so I could apply for the loan. After putting in all my information and they hit sumbit for me,  "we will contact you shortly" came up. All I could do is keep thinking it was too early. So I went to eat  lunch and not less then 30 mins I get a text  from NFCU saying I've been approved for 30K. Went back to the branch and picked up my check and went car shopping. Just got back from picking up my used car which is a Lexus IS250 with 24K on the odometer. I didn't need to use the whole amount and got what I wanted since this will help me in the long run after a couple of payments showing perfect payment history I may be able to finally get pass the 700 mark sometime this year. I think I might try for a CL on some credit cards later on this year but that should be it.

Glad I took the advice that was given to me.  Pushing foward!!!

Message 17 of 24
baller4life
Super Contributor

Wow congrats on the new car!!! WTG!!

Message 18 of 24
Mysticuno
Contributor

Congrats...that's an awesome way to start off the New Year!

Message 19 of 24
ProV
Regular Contributor

Congrats on the new ride! Keep gardening and growing and you'll be in great shape!
Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.