tag
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Harassing calls to my work from C S Associates 888-235-5829

Message 11 of 20
pimplicious
New Visitor

Re: Harrassing calls to my work from C S Associates 888-235-5829

It's a law firm that is hired by a collection agency and or a financial institution ! I just got a call from today stating they are about to serve me legal action court summons documents at work since they haven't been able to get me at my home ! The attorny's name I talked to was Mathew Mateo ! They are legit and will come after you if you do not follow up with them !
Message 12 of 20
pimplicious
New Visitor

I got the same type of call today at my job, letting me know that I have a law suit filed against me through First National Bank-Legacy Visa ! They in turn gave me the firm of which I needed to call to settle this debt with the bank ! I called, the attorny's name was Mathew Mateo and he worked a deal with me to settle this debt ! From what I found out, its legit and they are based in California !
Message 13 of 20
MonkeyBelly
Regular Contributor

@pimplicious wrote:
I got the same type of call today at my job, letting me know that I have a law suit filed against me through First National Bank-Legacy Visa ! They in turn gave me the firm of which I needed to call to settle this debt with the bank ! I called, the attorny's name was Mathew Mateo and he worked a deal with me to settle this debt ! From what I found out, its legit and they are based in California !

Ohrlly? I am skeptical. 

Starting myFICOs 2013
TU:664 March --> 726 May 25
EQ: 687 on March 6 --> 772 May 25
USAA EX (FAKO): 701 March 27 --> 768 May 26
Original goal (720+ across the board) achieved!
Message 14 of 20
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@MonkeyBelly wrote:

@pimplicious wrote:

Ohrlly? I am skeptical. 

As am I.

Message 15 of 20
exleyfam

Im thinking "no" on the legit factor. A quick google search shows no Matthew Mateo as an attorney in California.

4/23/2013 TU FAKO (CK) 610
4/26/2013 TU (Pulled by car dealer) 569
4/29/2013 EX FAKO (CreditSesame) 610
Message 16 of 20
Hopelives2
Regular Contributor

@guiness56 wrote:

@MonkeyBelly wrote:

@pimplicious wrote:

Ohrlly? I am skeptical. 

As am I.

I got these phone calls when I used a Paycheck-Today type cash place.  Two were included in my eventual bankruptcy (I had taken them out to try and save my home).

Anyway, if you go the MN Attorney General's main page, you will see a list of what these people say and threaten.  You will also see a list of companies the MN AG has sued for violations of credit protection laws.

My friend, this sounds like a scam.  

I had one 3 years ago that had me in tears because I was trying to get my life back and she said she was suing for intentional fraud, mail fraud, bank check fraud, and some other felonies.  I told her mine were included in bK and she said snottily that it was not about the money, it was about the "fraud" - then she said that if I simply paid the $1500, it would go away.

I called the police department and an attorney and they said to just ignore.  I never heard from her again.

However, I got one a few weeks ago and laughed in the guy's face, stated I was calling the MN AG's office, and hung up.  They never called back.

A common tactic is for them to say that unless you settle with them RIGHT NOW, they will have the police at your doorstep to put you in jail.  Or they will say they will serve you papers at your place of work unless you call them RIGHT NOW.

Again, that is illegal.

Message 17 of 20
Hopelives2
Regular Contributor

I'm not sure I'm allowed to post this here so won't be offended if mods delete but if you go to the whocallme website and enter the phone number you can see how many people were called with the same messages, and found it to be a complete and utter scam.

Rest easy Smiley Happy

Message 18 of 20
guiness56
Epic Contributor

I agree with the scam.  I would think that even the most slimeball CAs would stop short of threatening to be on your doorstep or sending out the police. 

Message 19 of 20
faircredguy
Established Member

@guiness56 wrote:

@MonkeyBelly wrote:

@pimplicious wrote:

Ohrlly? I am skeptical. 

As am I.

Pimplicious sounds dodgy. LOL... visitor.... this seems to be the only post they post on... I wouldn't doubt these dodgy CAs frequent here. LOL. Sorry to the mods, if you delete my post.

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.