Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has Anyone Ever Done This?

tag
ABattle
Regular Contributor

Has Anyone Ever Done This?

I had a Bank of America cc that was charged off  (it has since been removed from all but Experian), it was given to a law firm to collect.  They garnished by check & it has since been paid.  I would really love to get this removed & I just don't know how.  It does report as paid but the mere fact that its there is hurting me as it is the only reporting judgement on my credit report.  I'm contemplating writing the law firm a GW letter.  Has anyone ever tried this, contacting the lawfirm to get a paid judgement removed from.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Has Anyone Ever Done This?

@ABattle wrote:

I had a Bank of America cc that was charged off  (it has since been removed from all but Experian), it was given to a law firm to collect.  They garnished by check & it has since been paid.  I would really love to get this removed & I just don't know how.  It does report as paid but the mere fact that its there is hurting me as it is the only reporting judgement on my credit report.  I'm contemplating writing the law firm a GW letter.  Has anyone ever tried this, contacting the lawfirm to get a paid judgement removed from.

I think that's the best way to do it. I've read of others asking the plaintiff's attorney if they'll remove an unpaid debt w/ a payment in exchange for deletion and it has worked. I'd give it a go.

Message 2 of 5
ABattle
Regular Contributor

So, I should try gw'ing the law firm that represented Worldwide Asset & not them directly?

Message 3 of 5
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

I'd try both, but it'll take that attorney to unwind everything.

Message 4 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

If it was an original creditor account with BOA, then you probably had multiple derogs that were first reported by BOA.

What are the dates of each monthly delinquency with BOA, and did the charge off report to your CR?

What is the DOFD on the OC account?

If it is already beginning to drop from your CR, that indicates that the DOFD may have been over, or near, 7 1/2 years ago.

After 7 1/2 years from DOFD, you dont have to worry about any GW deletion of either the CO or CA.  It will drop on its own accord due to its age.

The judgment is separate.  What is the date of entry of the court judgment? 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.