cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has Hell Froze Over and No one Told Me???? HSBC Removing CO!!!!

tag
songsofexperience
Frequent Contributor

Re: Has Hell Froze Over and No one Told Me???? HSBC Removing CO!!!!

@baller4life wrote:
Check pm songsofexperience

Thanks! Yeah, i figured a week was asking too much ;P

Starting Score: 2/2013 EQ 535
Current Score My Fico: 5/23 EQ 808| EX 812 | TU 800
Message 91 of 148
Anonymous
Not applicable

Will you send me the contact info too? thanks

I'm a newb here been trying to clean up my credit on my own (learning my way). I have a charge off account (guessing that's what everybody is referring to when they say "CO") from HSBC that's due to fall off in Sept. Would like to get that contact info as well. Never wrote a "GW" letter before either (gonna ask for an obselete deletion)  so any tips on that would be great. On a sidenote: I have other accounts that are CO's and some in collections. 1.) should I write a GW letter to the others even though there not gonna fall off for another 2yrs 2.) in those other letters what should I be asking for? 3.) What should I expect to get from them? a settlement offer? deletion letter? etc etc. Again I'm new to dealing with old debt all I've ever went by before is paying off the collection company. Any tips and advice would be greatly appreciated.

Message 92 of 148
baller4life
Super Contributor

Sept fall off I would just ask credit bureaus to remove HSBC due to being obsolete. Transunion is best to do online. EX and EQ call and ask for "early exclusion" on HSBC because it is obsolete.

Send GW letters to any PAID baddie. Sample letters are in forum stickies. Send PFD letters to any unpaid baddie. If it is an older one offer 25-50% of balance. Again samples are in stickies. I would never pay a collection without a PFD agreement in WRITING first. Paid and unpaid are scored the same. You want it gone. Smiley Wink
Message 93 of 148
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok. thanks for the info and the help. As far as the HSBC acct thats on my report the balance shows $0 and that it was a CO, but I have a CA (NCB Management) on my report that says basically its there to collect the money owed to HSBC. Knowing this does this change your advice? Do I need to contact the CA also?

Message 94 of 148
baller4life
Super Contributor

Is CA falling off Sept as well? I would assume so. Same goes for attached CA. Ask bureaus for early exclusion.
Message 95 of 148
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes it should but it doesn't say just says date it opened as 9/2013.
Message 96 of 148
baller4life
Super Contributor

It should have the same Dofd as the HSBC. 9/13 must be date it was assigned to them.
Message 97 of 148
itgirl74
Frequent Contributor

Could I get the email as well?

I sent GWs letter to Capital One's Salt Lake City addrss on 7/14 and the HSBC address on 7/17. I just got a response to my "dispute" (their take on it, as usual) asking for a whole bunch of information, all of which I had already provided except my SSN and a copy of the credit report. I'm hoping that was just a response to my first letter and that the 2nd will be more effective.

Starting Score: EQ: 478 | EX: 499 | TU: 534 Current Score:EQ: 759 | EX: 805 | TU: 830 Goal Score: 800
Message 98 of 148
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi baller, it's more than good to hear of your success with HSBC...I hope to have similar success with them. Can you send me that info as well? Definitely appreciated....

Message 99 of 148
SusieQ
Regular Contributor

could I get the email contact information as well?   In a similar position.

Thank you!

Message 100 of 148
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.