cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anybody tried this?

tag
mbauza

Has anybody tried this?

I have several charge off accounts and in the next few months I will be paying most of them. However, I don't want to pay for them and have them deleted from my credit report. I was thinking maybe the creditor can reinstate the account if I explain my situation.

So technically, if they agree to reinstate my account and delete the negatives, I'll pay them full.

Is this even possible? Has anyone tried this?  

Or should I just go ahead and pay them as long as they agree to remove from my credit report? I'm just afraid that if I do this, I won't be able to apply for a credit card with them in the future.

Thanks

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

Re: Has anybody tried this?

Welcome to the forums,

I believe you are going to find, the rules with every CCC are going to vary.

It going to depend on how long you have had credit with them,Whether you paid on time or not and how long it's been since you the last payment with them.

If you don't mind, list the names of the CCC's you have the CO's with.

Here's a bump up to the top of the board.Smiley Wink Maybe others will chime in soon.

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 2 of 3
drkaje
Senior Contributor

Re: Has anybody tried this?

I'd still go the PFD route. True, you'd lose some average age but a CO is never gonna look good and finding someone willing to open an old account ain't easy. I can't even get BoA to open an account that was closed in good standing, LOL!

IMO, A clean slate would be preferable. It's just business to those companies, paying them off isn't salvaging a relationship or some other noble exercise. It's just what you're supposed to do and lowers your perceived risk on paper.

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.