cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone ever known Midland accepting a PFD?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Has anyone ever known Midland accepting a PFD?

CeRTifiEDNuT wrote:
Nope not yet. I didn't know that I could since they (equifax) "verified" it. Experian sent a letter stating that I didn't give them sufficient identification info to verify my identity. Bunch of bullcrap if you ask me. So it was enough for Exquifax but not Experian?! Obviously these credit bureaus do not have the same criteria for reporting nor verifying. It's maddening! Anywho, sidewinder, I don't know what to do next. Because not only are these two bureaus treating this differently but now the third, which this account was not on, is now reporting it! So wth?! Mind you I haven't gotten ANYTHING from Midland themselves but they've obviously decided to make sure that all three of my scores are being dinged by them! Grrrrrrrrr

Did you DV? Did you DV within 30 days of getting a letter from Midland? Is this your debt and you just wanting validation or is this not your debt?
Message 11 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

Unfortunately, no, I didn't DV when I received the letter from them. I started getting letters from them a couple of years ago. Not knowing who or what it was, I never paid the letters any mind. So I have no idea what this is. i don't recall owing anyone the amount that they are saying is owed. I only DV'd them recently because I became serious about cleaning up my credit. But at this point I could care less if it's mine, I just want it gone!! It's $286 so I'll take my lick and pay it if it will help my score. It's just a bit frustrating because I feel I'm getting the run around and nobody is sending proof that it is mine. Only a letter stating it is.
Message 12 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

They haven't told you who the OC is?
Message 13 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

It is saying the oc is Citibank, whom I've never done business with.
Message 14 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

hey sidewinder -

what would you do then?

midland is for $2300.  DOLA was 2005 (but this is  a collection account so the DOLA is from the OC right)

would you send them a PFD letter?  What if they do accept the PFD letter?  what letters should i send them & how often?

capital 1 is for $1300.  DOLA is 2003.  they have not contacted me in years... account is still with them.

should i contact them?  if i do...what letter should i send them.....and how often?

would it be worth paying these off?  midland i really don't want to pay the extra $1000 worth of interest they have added!

i just need a game plan.

thanks so much!

Message 15 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

Call Citibank and talk to them.

CeRTifiEDNuT wrote:
It is saying the oc is Citibank, whom I've never done business with.

Message 16 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

molly73 wrote:
hey sidewinder -

what would you do then?

midland is for $2300.  DOLA was 2005 (but this is  a collection account so the DOLA is from the OC right)

When is the DOFD? Is this beyond SOL?

would you send them a PFD letter?  What if they do accept the PFD letter?  what letters should i send them & how often?

capital 1 is for $1300.  DOLA is 2003.  they have not contacted me in years... account is still with them.

should i contact them?  if i do...what letter should i send them.....and how often?

What is the DOFD? Is this beyond SOL?

would it be worth paying these off?  midland i really don't want to pay the extra $1000 worth of interest they have added!

i just need a game plan.

thanks so much!

Message 17 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

the CRAs all have different info.

Capital 1 - EX says Date of last payment Aug, 2004......DOLA is April 2004

Midland - EX says DOLA is 2003, can't find a DOFD on any of my reports

these accounts were while i was in CA, but i have been in TX since late 2003.....so they should be beyond SOL for both states

thanks again for all the help!!

Message 18 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just got off the phone with Citibank account services. I gave them my name and account number that is shown on my credit report and she said that none of their accounts start with those numbers. She then tells me to to write their credit bureau dispute center. Ugh I feel like pulling my hair out!!!!
Message 19 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

The account number you have on your report is the number of the account you have with the CA, not the OC.

Call back, explain that a CA is trying to collect on a debt where they claim CitiBank is the OC. However, you do not recall having a debt with CitiBank and ask them to search by your name/SS#/whatever else they can.

CeRTifiEDNuT wrote:
Just got off the phone with Citibank account services. I gave them my name and account number that is shown on my credit report and she said that none of their accounts start with those numbers. She then tells me to to write their credit bureau dispute center. Ugh I feel like pulling my hair out!!!!

Message 20 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.