cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone ever known Midland accepting a PFD?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Has anyone ever known Midland accepting a PFD?

Are you getting reports directly from the CRA? There is no removal date or DOFD listed?

If California doesn't toll SOL and you haven't made a payment since 2004, then it should be beyond SOL.

I would DV Midland CMRRR.

If you are in Texas, you have some great laws to protect you. They have to respond to the DV regardless if they contacted you > 30 days ago or not.

Message 21 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

i have disputed these several times & they keep on coming back as verified from the CRA...i have sent letters to Cap 1 & Midland before, but they have only responded back once.....and Midland just comes back with a settlement offer....cap.1 sent me a letter saying that it was verified.  The CRAs are the ones telling me they are verified.

EQ report i received in the mail from them says (letter is from this month):

midland - DOLA 7/2003.  Does not have anything else.  Does not show a removal date.

capital 1 - DOLA 10/2003.  Last payment date:  08/2004.  Does not show a removal date.

TU report i received in the mail from them says (letter is from 09/08:

midland -  No Dates, except that it shows it was placed for collection in 2005.  Est date for removal - 6/2010

capital 1 -  Date opened - 8/02.  Closed - 4/04.  Est date for removal - 8/2010

should i hold off and wait a year....then these things will have dropped off.

i never sent the DVs CMRRR before....should i do that now to them? That means certified, they sign for it & i get the green card right?

i have read that i need to do that...but then it seems that you give them 30 days, they don't get back to you, then you have to send it again to them just to be safe....seems like they get more then 30 days to respond over all.

should my next step be to DV these companies directly with CMRRR & wait 30 days?

it looks like I am beyond SOL right?

thanks again for all the help!

Message 22 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

molly73 wrote:

i have disputed these several times & they keep on coming back as verified from the CRA...i have sent letters to Cap 1 & Midland before, but they have only responded back once.....and Midland just comes back with a settlement offer....cap.1 sent me a letter saying that it was verified.  The CRAs are the ones telling me they are verified.

EQ report i received in the mail from them says (letter is from this month):

midland - DOLA 7/2003.  Does not have anything else.  Does not show a removal date.

capital 1 - DOLA 10/2003.  Last payment date:  08/2004.  Does not show a removal date.

EQ doesn't show a removal date, only a DOFD.

TU report i received in the mail from them says (letter is from 09/08:

midland -  No Dates, except that it shows it was placed for collection in 2005.  Est date for removal - 6/2010

capital 1 -  Date opened - 8/02.  Closed - 4/04.  Est date for removal - 8/2010

should i hold off and wait a year....then these things will have dropped off.

Are you going to apply for anything in the next year? Like a house? Even if not, I would not let Midland ride out. Cap One, maybe.  

i never sent the DVs CMRRR before....should i do that now to them? That means certified, they sign for it & i get the green card right?

Yes.

i have read that i need to do that...but then it seems that you give them 30 days, they don't get back to you, then you have to send it again to them just to be safe....seems like they get more then 30 days to respond over all.

Yes and no. Because you are in Texas, you have more protection from the laws. You can't DV an OC, but you can DV a CA. Read Chapter 392 of the Texas State Finance Code.

should my next step be to DV these companies directly with CMRRR & wait 30 days?

it looks like I am beyond SOL right?

Depends if CA tolls SOL or not. See the state resources link below for California statutes.

thanks again for all the help!

Do you just not agree with the amount Midland is reporting/trying to collect or not believe it is your account?

Message 23 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks sidewinder! I called back and was helped a little more than the first rep. I gave them my ss number and they didn't find anything with that either. So he gave me the fax number to fax a letter stating the problem and the credit bureau agencies that are reporting. Wish me luck!
Message 24 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

When you fax the letter specify that the CRA aren't reporting an account with CitiBank. The CA is reporting to the CR and stating the original creditor is CitiBank.

If this doesn't work, do as I did. I had Midland reporting for a Southwestern Bell account I didn't have. When I was fed up with Midland, I filed a complaint against Southwestern Bell stating that Midland was reporting them as the OC and told everything Midland had done and that I never had an account with SB. I then stated that what Midland did reflected upon them as Midland was representing them. I got a email and a call within a week and it wasn't but a week or so longer until Midland was gone. SB actually had an account in my name, but I did not open it, lived 150+ miles from the service address.

CeRTifiEDNuT wrote:
Thanks sidewinder! I called back and was helped a little more than the first rep. I gave them my ss number and they didn't find anything with that either. So he gave me the fax number to fax a letter stating the problem and the credit bureau agencies that are reporting. Wish me luck!

Message 25 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks sidewinder!

"Are you going to apply for anything in the next year? Like a house? Even if not, I would not let Midland ride out. Cap One, maybe.  "

what do you mean by this?  Why not Midland...but Cap 1 maybe?  Midland shows a DOLA of 7/03...they look like they will come off at the same time.

"Depends if CA tolls SOL or not. See the state resources link below for California statutes."

what does that mean....toll?  From what I can tell, Cal SOL is 4 years

So you suggest sending a DV to Midland then....and hold them to TX law?  They have 30 days from the date they receive it right?  Send them a DV from here?

What letter could I send to Capital 1?

I really believe the Midland account is not mine.....I paid all my debts in 2002.  They have also added about $1300 bucks worth of charges.  I am willing to PFD if i knew they would do that....and i am tempted to settle just so i can call it a day & show that it's paid.

Message 26 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

molly73 wrote:

thanks sidewinder!

"Are you going to apply for anything in the next year? Like a house? Even if not, I would not let Midland ride out. Cap One, maybe.  "

what do you mean by this?  Why not Midland...but Cap 1 maybe?  Midland shows a DOLA of 7/03...they look like they will come off at the same time.

Midland is a CA, they are covered under more laws than the OC is. It is easier to deal with the CA and having it removed rather than Cap One. The Midland is not for Cap One is it? A collection is worse than an OC reporting.

Maybe I am getting confused, but I thought Cap One and Midland was two seperate things.

"Depends if CA tolls SOL or not. See the state resources link below for California statutes."

what does that mean....toll?  From what I can tell, Cal SOL is 4 years

Some states will stop the clock on the running of SOL if you leave the state and the clock doesn't start until you move back. So, if SOL began running on December 2002 and you moved Jan 2003, then SOL has not expired if they toll SOL. When you moved back, it would start running again and continue for the remaining time of 3 years 11 months.

So you suggest sending a DV to Midland then....and hold them to TX law?  They have 30 days from the date they receive it right?  Send them a DV from here? I would draft my own using Texas law. If you try to use the one using FDCPA, they will say because it has been > 30 days since they first sent you a letter they don't have to validate.

What letter could I send to Capital 1?  What is the deal with Cap One? Is it yours?

I really believe the Midland account is not mine.....I paid all my debts in 2002.  They have also added about $1300 bucks worth of charges.  I am willing to PFD if i knew they would do that....and i am tempted to settle just so i can call it a day & show that it's paid.

Message 27 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks sidewinder -

yes....capital 1 & midland are for 2 different accounts.

midland is collecting for a citi account.

from what i have read.....midland will not PFD...what would be the point of paying them?

should i still DV them with a certified letter & try to get it off that way first?  See if they do not respond?  The CRA have told me that this account was verified several times, but i have only heard once from midland themselves except that they were requesting my help in correcting this account & if i had any records to send them over.

should i settle with midland and call it a day?  you really think it would help that much if i were to apply for a credit card...that it shows it's paid?  PFD would be ideal...but there is a chance that if i pay, they would not verify once it was paid right?

i received a letter from them last month asking if i wanted to settle (very nice letter Smiley Happy offered full payment or payments.

i have been in TX for over 6 years......do not plan of moving back to Cal.....so they can't sue me here in TX, but if i were to move back to Cal, there is a chance that i could still be within SOL.....i did not know this...thanks for the info!!  Either way.....the account would still come off of my reports right?  

Capital 1 is another account that would have been paid off (problem is that this happened in 2002, someone else paid it off for me...so i have no records,  but in 2002 i had all my CC taken care of so it would not make sense to not pay this one off too)

thanks so much for the help!!

these last 2 accounts seem to really be holding me back from getting credit and i really want to start building it back up and get some cards with some good lines!

Message 28 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

molly73 wrote:

thanks sidewinder -

yes....capital 1 & midland are for 2 different accounts.

midland is collecting for a citi account.

from what i have read.....midland will not PFD...what would be the point of paying them?

should i still DV them with a certified letter & try to get it off that way first?  See if they do not respond?  The CRA have told me that this account was verified several times, but i have only heard once from midland themselves except that they were requesting my help in correcting this account & if i had any records to send them over.

should i settle with midland and call it a day?  you really think it would help that much if i were to apply for a credit card...that it shows it's paid?  PFD would be ideal...but there is a chance that if i pay, they would not verify once it was paid right?

i received a letter from them last month asking if i wanted to settle (very nice letter Smiley Happy offered full payment or payments.

I hate to say this, but I think Midland is the type of CA that would verify an account on Mickey Mouse, paid or unpaid. Midland is hard to work with, so should be dealt with hard, IMO.

You say this is for a Citi account....did you have a Citi account? Have you contacted Citi? Is Citi reporting?

i have been in TX for over 6 years......do not plan of moving back to Cal.....so they can't sue me here in TX, but if i were to move back to Cal, there is a chance that i could still be within SOL.....i did not know this...thanks for the info!!  Either way.....the account would still come off of my reports right?  

Yes, the account will be removed once past CRTP, whether it is beyond SOL or not. As for suing, when you are dealing with 2 seperate states, it gets tricky as to when they can/can't sue and where they can/can't sue. Midland has been suing a lot lately it seems, so I would think if it was or they believed it was within SOL they would sued already, but no promises there.

Capital 1 is another account that would have been paid off (problem is that this happened in 2002, someone else paid it off for me...so i have no records,  but in 2002 i had all my CC taken care of so it would not make sense to not pay this one off too)

Cap One is still reporting a balance? Someone reported the other day that they had luck with a PFD, but I think it was a fluke. The person reading their offer was dizzy that day or something. They are about as bad as Midland. File a dispute under FCRA 623 with Cap One disputing the balance and requesting that they conduct an investigation under FCRA 623 and report the results back to you. Because you may or may not be beyond SOL, make sure you can PIF if they were to sue and you were to be within SOL.  

thanks so much for the help!!

these last 2 accounts seem to really be holding me back from getting credit and i really want to start building it back up and get some cards with some good lines!

Message 29 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks sidewinder....again...really appreciate it!

i always thought i was beyond SOL.....everyone i have asked says that i am with the dates i have.  how can i know for sure i am beyond SOL? Texas SOL is 4 years i think....Cal is 3 years...and both of these accounts are due to come off in 2010 if i go by what TU says......now you have me worried:smileysurprised:

when you say you would deal with midland hard.....what would you do?  what actions would you take?  PFD letters if they come back and verify the account after i have sent them a DV letter certified?

had a citi account years ago & it's reporting as a positive on my account.

midland says they are collecting on another citi account - only midland is showing on my report for this, citi does not show up....i do not receive anything from citi

capital one is still reporting a balance.....with my dates i must be out of SOL.....i mean it's set to drop in 2010.

should i be worried about sending them a FCRA 623?

i have been disputing these accounts for about a year now.

Message 30 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.