cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone had any GW letter success with the following...?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Has anyone had any GW letter success with the following...?

....if so, can you PM me the contact info?  Smiley Happy

Hi there:

I am in desperate need of getting some of these lates removed from a couple of CC companies.  They all happened not long after I lost my job in 2009  (still unemployed, unfortunately, but I have made it my number one goal to pay these bills on time since then).  Just to give you some background, I have sent GW letters to them before....quite a few times, actually, and have been denied. 

I am looking for some contact information, inspiration, and fresh ideas. 

My credit score is so terribly poor right now that I can't do a thing.  Even costed me a potential job, for they considered me "at risk" which is SO NOT THE CASE. Just terrible circumstances during a rough spell in my life. 

I have read some GW success stories with some of these guys, but no one has responded to my "please send me the contact information" from the threads so thought I'd start a new one. 

Here's my list:

1.  Capital One

2.  Chase

3.  First Premier (I know they are not the easiest to work with, but I have got to give it a try)

4.  Merrick Bank (Hooters - Same goes for these guys...I've been trying forever and no luck...but I am still fighting for a victory. Smiley Happy

5.  Barclays Bank - (Carnival)

Please know that I am SO very grateful for all that respond!  These lates are killing my scores...Smiley Sad

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Has anyone had any GW letter success with the following...?

I had partial success with CapOne for a 30 and 90 day late, on TU only. I sent about a dozen GWs to them with no response and after 2 weeks, I called in a GW using the number on the CC/website. Inside a few days they deleted the lates.

Message 2 of 7
GoodCredBen
Valued Contributor

what about a line all together? 

Any luck with that?

I am trying to get cap 1 remove 2 accounts that i defauled on and PIF ... 

My credit journey has completed. I am currently sitting at 800+ across the board.

I started my journey here years ago, and thanks to MyFico, it really is possible.
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous_V wrote:

what about a line all together? 

Any luck with that?

I am trying to get cap 1 remove 2 accounts that i defauled on and PIF ... 

I am not exactly sure what you mean by a line all together. LOL!  

I have sent oodles of these GW letters, but for some reason I just don't think I have the correct addys to get to the right folks.  Know what I mean?

I just sent a couple more today...to the same addresses, so you can only imagine how unhopeful I am in hearing someone come back with a "YOUR REQUEST HAS BEEN ACCEPTED" message. Ha!

From these wonderful forums, I hear that Capital One is also a bit of a pain...well, even from experience I can say that. LOL!  

Just at this point in the game, these baddies have to find their way off my CRs.  It is costing me in more ways than one.  The credit crunch seems to really be affecting the job market as well, for I was turned down a position based on my credit.

Best of luck to you on getting those nasty Cap1 baddies removed.  I am right there with you. Smiley Happy 

Message 4 of 7
GoodCredBen
Valued Contributor

By a line - meaning having the line item deleted. 

My credit journey has completed. I am currently sitting at 800+ across the board.

I started my journey here years ago, and thanks to MyFico, it really is possible.
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous_V wrote:

By a line - meaning having the line item deleted. 

Oh, gotcha!  LOL!  Thank you for clarifying.  I will give it a shot.

Thanks!!!

Message 6 of 7
GoodCredBen
Valued Contributor

@llecs wrote:

I had partial success with CapOne for a 30 and 90 day late, on TU only. I sent about a dozen GWs to them with no response and after 2 weeks, I called in a GW using the number on the CC/website. Inside a few days they deleted the lates.

You suggest calling the number on the site? 

I talked with some woman from cap 1 high up basically telling me to give up because they cant delete whole lines....

I was crushed Smiley Sad 

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.