Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone had any luck with BofA GW?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Has anyone had any luck with BofA GW?

I just sent letter to CEO Brian Moynihan as well as the PO Box listed on my credit report.

Also was thinking about emailing Mr. Moynihan... anyone know the BofA email address formula?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update: Re: Has anyone had any luck with BofA GW?

Well, I sent a letter off to CEO Brian Moynihan as well as the PO Box listed on my credit report. I got a phone call from a guy in the Executive Offices of Card Services. He was very polite but basically said they could not do anything to assist me. He said my letter was very compelling and he thanked me for writing. I asked if there was any one else I could speak with because I know that, while I was not asking them to be less than honest and change anything, I was simply asking them to delete the account so it was taken off my CRs and that this is allowable and doable and I have read about other people's success stories in this regards. It was all to no avail.

So I am going to send my compelling letters again :-)

Message 2 of 9
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Has anyone had any luck with BofA GW?

All you can do is to keep trying.

I dont think who you send it to as important as what you offer them.  Make them want to keep you as a customer.

Money in their pocket.

Creditors are not ambassadors of GW.   They are capitalists.   What, in your GW letter, entices them to want to keep your business, and thus make more money from you?

They want to see future financial benefit in order to offer you a GW deletion, and thus keep your business.

Pleadings such as my 'dawg just died, I lost my job, my wife left me, and the roof is a 'leakin, only, in my opinion, add to their concern about your future financial stability. and thus only mitigates against any GW deletion for THEIR benefit.

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Got it, thanks for the advice! I have tweaked my letter and sending again. I illustrate in the letter that I have been excellent with my credit for 5+ years since teh difficult time and now I am including a little "hope to continue to be a great customer for you now and in the future" type info!

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I received the same call from the same executive secretary with the same schpeal, bruins.  Except he said he'd "never heard of a GW deletion" and, after mentioning myfico.com he continued, saying, "there is a lot of bad information out there on that forum".

Whatever.  Tell that to all your competitors who have been so kindly deleting my TLs.  Who do you think will get my future business?

I don't think goodwill should be a given, by any means.  But fibbing about it only proves what I've always known: BOA are vile.  Just call it like it is: "We at BOA have chosen to interpret the credit laws like this..."

I shall continue my letter to Mr. President, too, in order to be annoying.  Bring on the cease and desist! 

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the moral support!!!

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

BTW, second letter was to no avail. Meanwhile citicard and AmEx deleted for me! I'll steer my future business their way (actually, am a current AmEx customer, and I mentioned that in the letter, maybe that helped!).

Message 7 of 9
Mikey123
Valued Member

Bruins - would you mind PMing me the info you used for AMEX? was it late payments or a charge off? thanks

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Check your inbox... good luck!

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.