cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone had any luck with a PFD with Verizon?

tag
glamchick
Established Contributor

Has anyone had any luck with a PFD with Verizon?

I have 1 baddie on my CR's with Verizon  DOFD 4/2014

I've disputed it, and it was removed from TU and not EX or EQ.   I sent them a letter asking what the charges are for and for a statement.  I received  a letter stating how much I owe with no statement attached for proof.

I had an account with them but I moved and canclled and mailed back all the boxes and have a receipt.

Everytime I send them a letter or call them to ask anything they update my reports as late and I lose 10-20 points monthly

I havent bothered them since dec 2015 and they stopped updating my reports as late.  I shows as a collection closed by consumer.

I would like to send a PFD (for something I dont not even owe) just to get this off my reports so I can apply for a mortgage.  I dont want to wake a sleeping monster if they are going to ding me again though.

Anyone have any luck or advice?

Gardening since 5/3/2016
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
TXinandout
Frequent Contributor

Re: Has anyone had any luck with a PFD with Verizon?

Yes, I paid them in full back in 2013 and they won't budge, always verified with the CRA's.

Very hard to deal with even sending GW letter.

BK Discharged 06/02/2016 SCORES AROUND 475

Current scores:
EXP-667
EQ-654
TU-653
Message 2 of 5
glamchick
Established Contributor

Oh no im sorry to hear that.   How old is your account?

I think by SOL they can only stay on your reports for so long.  Look it up for your state.  I think mine is 5 years Smiley Sad

Maybe I should go to small claims court?   What do you think would happen?

Gardening since 5/3/2016
Message 3 of 5
RonM21
Valued Contributor

I'm curious as to why Transunion deleted it but the others did not?

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

The SOL only pertains to being sued. Most items can stay on your reports for 7 years fron DoFD. I say most because judgements, BKs, and some student loans and tax leins have different requirements.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.