Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone had success with a GW for AES Educational Loan

tag
dujaidecor
Contributor

Has anyone had success with a GW for AES Educational Loan

has anyone been sucessful with having the late payment removed from CR with AES?

Starting Score: TU488 EQ483 6/4/12
Current Score: TU 662 EQ 670 EXP ??
Goal Score: 680

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Faith is the substance of things hoped for and the evidence of things not seen.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
LionLaw
Frequent Contributor

Re: Has anyone had success with a GW for AES Educational Loan

I am in the process of requesting a GW from AES too; I'm afraid I don't have any insight for you (I just send my letter off this week), but I will keep you posted if I hear anything.

Message 2 of 5
dujaidecor
Contributor

Thank you please keep me posted. I am sending my letter off today Smiley Wink

Starting Score: TU488 EQ483 6/4/12
Current Score: TU 662 EQ 670 EXP ??
Goal Score: 680

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Faith is the substance of things hoped for and the evidence of things not seen.

Message 3 of 5
LionLaw
Frequent Contributor

Update: I sent a GW e-mail directly to the executive office of the parent lender (AES is just a loan servicer). That e-mail apparently got passed down to the appropriate person at AES, who sent a secure message to my AES web account giving me an update on my request. No word on a decision yet, but I'm optimistic.

Based on my experience, I'd recommend that you find out who owns your loan (AES services loans from a ton of different lenders), and send a goodwill request directly to one of their execs.
Message 4 of 5
LionLaw
Frequent Contributor

Another update: I got my decision via snail mail.  GW request denied (cue sad trombone noise).  Not entirely unexpected though; from researching this board and others, I know that SLs are among the toughest types of accounts to get GW on (especially federal loans like these).

If anyone knows of any "angel" contacts at AES with whom I might have better luck, please let me know!  The same goes for Access Group.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.