cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone had success with getting an early deletion with Experian?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Has anyone had success with getting an early deletion with Experian?

Experian has held the last last paid charge off on me for 7 years and it drops off in Feb 16 and I have called and called and they will not budge. Has anyone had any luck having something deleted early? My score is only 746 with that on it and I anticipate it jumping to the low 800's once it drops, so I am anxious to have it deleted. I cannot get to a supervisor and have left messages for them to call me back to no avail. Thanks 

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Has anyone had success with getting an early deletion with Experian?

I recently had an early exclusion success with Experian. My negative was due to drop off in Feb 2016. Called Experian about two weeks ago and took about 5 minutes for the rep to check it and state he would do it. Got the confimation email later that evening that stated it had been removed. Actually, it was sort of a double negative as it was listed as a chrage off by Chase/Providian and then as a collection by Pinnacle.

I'm not a FICO score expert, but I would advise not to get your hopes too high in regards to boosting your score as much as you are anticipating. As negatives get closer to their drop off date, their affect on your score lessens. So, when they do drop, the score boost is not as high as if for example ,it was a fairly new negative that you managed to obtain a pay for delete on. For my EE exclusions, it maybe boosted me about 8 points at most. Of course, your total report make-up can make a difference in how things affect your score.

Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I recently had an early exclusion success with Experian. My negative was due to drop off in Feb 2016. Called Experian about two weeks ago and took about 5 minutes for the rep to check it and state he would do it. Got the confimation email later that evening that stated it had been removed. Actually, it was sort of a double negative as it was listed as a chrage off by Chase/Providian and then as a collection by Pinnacle.

I'm not a FICO score expert, but I would advise not to get your hopes too high in regards to boosting your score as much as you are anticipating. As negatives get closer to their drop off date, their affect on your score lessens. So, when they do drop, the score boost is not as high as if for example ,it was a fairly new negative that you managed to obtain a pay for delete on. For my EE exclusions, it maybe boosted me about 8 points at most. Of course, your total report make-up can make a difference in how things affect your score.

The same negative dropped off my Equifax report in November and it went up 93 points. It dropped off my Transunion report last month and it went from a 712 to a a 824 112 points, so I am hoping for the same..

Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I hope so for your sake. Everyone's score gets affected differently. For me, it just didnt give me much of a boost at all. I still have one 2 year old negative on mine, so it's possible that kept me from reaping the big jump. I just did a pay for delete on that one and waiting for it to update on my reports.

Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Welcome to the world of Experian. I hate this company with a passion. I have left several messages for "supervisors" and have never got a call back. I got an EE via online request before once though if that helps. I'll never call those worthless folks again lol

Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

While, I do think it is prudent to not get your hopes up until you see the score change. I think there is a huge difference between someone with one bad and someone with a few. I had one bad thing left on my Transunion and it went up about 65 points when it dropped and left me clean. I'm not going to say that will happen in OP's case, but if the item coming off would leave a clean report I'd expect a nice change for the better in scoring. 

Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

The same negative dropped off my Equifax report in November and it went up 93 points. It dropped off my Transunion report last month and it went from a 712 to a a 824 112 points, so I am hoping for the same..

Sorry OP, I didn't see your response before I replied, but yes, it sounds like you have a clean report without the negative. I would be shocked if you didn't get a sizable bump, but it being  Experian it's hard to say how much. They are consistantly my lowest with all the exact same info as the other two reports so they obviously weight things differently. Please make sure to post here when you finaly get that negative off. Mine isn't until  April :-(,

Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

While, I do think it is prudent to not get your hopes up until you see the score change. I think there is a huge difference between someone with one bad and someone with a few. I had one bad thing left on my Transunion and it went up about 65 points when it dropped and left me clean. I'm not going to say that will happen in OP's case, but if the item coming off would leave a clean report I'd expect a nice change for the better in scoring. 

How quickly did your TU score bump after your negative fell off?

Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I can't say for sure because I didn't pull my score until I got the alert from CK. I pulled from CCT minutes later so at most...a week, but it could have been a day.
Message 9 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I can't say for sure because I didn't pull my score until I got the alert from CK. I pulled from CCT minutes later so at most...a week, but it could have been a day.

Thanks. I just got a PFD for a 2 year old medical collection. It hasnt been deleted from TU yet, but has been from EQ and EX. It leaves my EX totally clean but I havent seen a score jump yet. I'm impatient for sure, but ya know how it is with wanting see positives.

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.