cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone heard of Credit Protection Association?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Has anyone heard of Credit Protection Association?

Sadie,
I was wondering if you had received any assistance with this matter? I have had some good experiences with CPA and would be happy to help guide you.

Message 11 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just tried to do a PFD with them but got no response.
Message 12 of 31
goodgirl-badcredit
Frequent Contributor

Any more success stories dealing with CPA? I am looking to pay this old Time Warner Cable bill off and get it deleted. Any advice would be helpful.
Thanks

Starting Score: 3/21 EQ 636 TU 669
Current Score: 12/30 EQ 740 TU 712 EX ??? ....
Goal Score: Yay... I reached my goal of 700!!!

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 13 of 31
IrishPM
Frequent Contributor

I've had success with Credit Protection Association...they nailed me in 2004 for a Comcast bill...I moved from CA to FL and my landlord 'promised me' that she would turn in the cable box but failed to do so which resulted in a 'charge' on my account (that was paid in full) that never caught up to me in FL.

Best thing to do is send them a letter like I did and tell them you want to pay in full for deletion. Give them any excuse as long as it is the truth and they are very cooperative.

They were very helpful and removed the collection account from all three CRA in 5 days after they sent me the letter stating that they are going to delete.

That's my experience with these folks. Portfolio Recovery Associates however is another story...but still challenging them.
Message 14 of 31
goodgirl-badcredit
Frequent Contributor

@Irish

Could you give me an example of what you wrote. I am new at this. And dont know where to begin.

Starting Score: 3/21 EQ 636 TU 669
Current Score: 12/30 EQ 740 TU 712 EX ??? ....
Goal Score: Yay... I reached my goal of 700!!!

Message 15 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

CPA just showed up on my credit this week.  I'm don't want to argue with them I just want it removed.  I did pay this bill and still have the cashiers check receipt to prove it but, I can't afford to let any more negative info hit my credit and stay for a million years. I called them and they said they will not remove.  I need to know what to say in order to have it removed? 
Message 16 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't know what to say, either, as they did not respond to my PFD letter.  However, there is a thread somewhere that gives a name to whose attention you can send letter-- Robert Waters or something.
Message 17 of 31
bridgetkaryn
Frequent Contributor

Hi All,

Well I JUST got off the phone with CPA and Comcast (so weird that I found this) and they have their moments on how easy they are to deal with...Here was/is my situation.  $57 from 3/2005 Comcast

I have 1 CA reporting on 1 CRA (Ex), it used to be reporting on all three, but I disputed them and 2/3 were removed, yet for some reason only EX came back validated. I called CPA, they said that comcast had to give them authorization to delete it.

June 10-I called comcast they transfered me back to CPA then CPA told me to contact Comcast again (this was SOOO frustrating!) went back and forth 6 times

June 12, 2008- I finally got someone in the Comcast billing dept, who didn't have record of the account any longer and agreed to have it removed they were going to send an email to CPA.

June 14, 2008- CPA has not gotten anything from comcast, Called comcast, they were going to have a mgr call

June 17, 2008- CPA has still not gotten anythign from Comcast, was too tired to call comcast

June 27, 2008 - CPA has STILL not gotten anything from Comcast, called comcast was give a fax # to call, called back got a wonderful woman named dawn who called CPA while I was on hold, was told because the account was paid and closed they couldn't make changes to the CRA after that point, the CSR at CPA told her that I needed to dispute the account again, and they would not validate the account when it came to them.  So i faxed my request to EX this morning and I am waiting for my last collection to come off my account! YIPPPEEEE!!!

Tip: call the OC get notes in the system that they will delete the acount and just play phone tag til one side finally talks to the other so it can be resolved....

Hope this helps!
Starting Score: 06/2010- EQ 464
01/2012-EQ 512
April Score: EQ 679 4/12TU- 677 EX- 699 (FAKO)
Current Score: 05/2012-EQ 691 4/12TU- 706 EX- 720(FAKO)
Goal Score: 700 by 05/2012- MADE IT!!!!

Message 18 of 31
IrishPM
Frequent Contributor

GGBC,

I'll send you the letter I wrote and the letter I received from CPA stating that they will delete from all three CRA's.

Message 19 of 31
GFer
Valued Contributor

IrishPM; would you be willing to share those letters with me?
I would be forever grateful!

EQ 817, EX 815, TU 813 (Updated 1/5/18: TU 843

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 20 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.