cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone here had a great experience with a credit repair company?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Has anyone here had a great experience with a credit repair company?

Most credit repair companies have a slew of horror stories on bbb.org, ripoff report, pissed consumer, consumer affairs, complaints board etc. from people who paid a credit repair company for months or years and feel scammed for many, many reasons including lack of results. Has anyone here had a great experience with an effective and non-scammy credit repair company?

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Has anyone here had a great experience with a credit repair company?

Yes, I have had a great experience. The best credit repair agency in the world...."ME"!!

Message 2 of 10
Loques
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes, I have had a great experience. The best credit repair agency in the world...."ME"!!

+1

I have to say, it's hard work but at least you know it's done right because hey, it's your money after all. Smiley Happy

Current Score (11/2020): EQ: 753 | TU: 731 | EX: 749---Starting Score (3/2010): EQ: 522 | TU: 525 | EX: 520---Goal: All 3 FICO 800+
--------------------
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wonderful Smiley Happy But seriously, has anyone had a great experience with a credit repair company? I know I can copy and paste letters off the internet and send them to Transunion and the rest but I'd really rather leave this up to an effective professional. If no one can vouch for a company I won't sign up with any of them.

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lisa,

Almost 7 years ago I lost my job and ended up falling behind on all of my accounts basically.  I ended up turning to Greenpath debt solutions for help and they were great for me at the time.  Their staff was very nice and I never had any bad experiences with them.

HOWEVER

This forum is a fantastic resource and I wish I had known that back then because even though Greenpath did its' job, I can say that I could have done the same thing they did and probably ended up with much better results.  If you're looking for professionals to handle your stuff, I would recommend them, but like I said, anything and everything they did I could have done myself and I wish I had known that.

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Wonderful Smiley Happy But seriously, has anyone had a great experience with a credit repair company? I know I can copy and paste letters off the internet and send them to Transunion and the rest but I'd really rather leave this up to an effective professional. If no one can vouch for a company I won't sign up with any of them.

Don't even consider it. All they can do by law is send disputes to the CRA's for you. You can do that, plus a whole lot more:

You can negotiate PFD agreements.

You can request goodwill deletions of derogatory items.

You can dispute items directly with the CA's and OC's.

You can send ITS letters when the CA's step out of bounds and violate the law.

You can send DV requests to collectors.

You can use the ID Theft provision of FCRA 605B to remove items resulting from accounts that you never authorized.

The Credit Repair companies can send disputes to the CRA's. Seems like a no-brainer to me.  

Message 6 of 10
AutoBot
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

What he said!  Smiley Wink

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

When I started this process I looked into this option extensively. I found many negative reviews of credit repair companies, and few positives -- the few positives I found either didn't seem to match my situation, or seemed like they had been written by insiders/employees.  In fact, it was that search that led me to these forums, and the information I found in these forums was enough to decide to do it on my own. I guarantee I have worked harder on my credit rebuilding than any paid agency would have, and educated myself in the process. The added benefit of learning firsthand how the whole system works will help me in the future in ways that using an external company would never have accomplished.

Message 8 of 10
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

To advocate the use of a credit repair organization on myFico would be a violation of this sites TOS.

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Norman, I thought the credit repair attorneys would do all this for me, that's why I wanted to use them instead of sending out generic letters on my own. But if all they do is what I thought I was limited to... then I'm definitely better off not using them. Thanks for all these keywords, I'll look into repairing my credit on my own instead. Smiley Happy Thank you to everyone for posting.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.