Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has this been re-aged?

tag
annakathleen75
New Contributor

Has this been re-aged?

Back story is i have  medical bills from 2008. I have three of them reporting. Went to hospital in 03-08, to emergency, spoke with hospital and I was supposed to be covered under their program for uninsured. Was told I wouldn't owe anything. Jan of last year found this on my credit report, had been on there a while, I just never checked my credit until thinking about a mortgage. There are three accts, medical with this same CA, Law offices of Mitchell Blum. I only copied and pasted on because ALL info is the same except for balances., Anyway in Jan 2012 with the help of your forum I successfully removed several baddies, but these three accts wouldn't budge. I sent DV letters, threatened lawsuit, etc throughout Jan and Feb. Suddenly in March date opened changes from 7-08 to 3-2012.   I thought I had an old copy of credit report showing the former open date and will search for it tomorrow. I don't know that I will find it. I may have thrown it away. My question is can an open date change? Isn't that reaging? And if I find the old copy is that enough to demand removal?  With DOLA showing as "not available"  when will it fall off? Sorry for alll the fall off questions, lol, but prepping for mortgage in March and getting out the fine tooth comb. Any help is appreciated.

This is copied from experian report here on myfico, same info is on eq.

Status as of Jun, 2012
Date opened Mar, 2012
Date of last activity Not Available
Loan type Collection Department/Agency/Attorney
Terms 1 Month
Account Type Installment
Account holder Individual
Industry Other Collection Agencies
No contact information provided by Experian
Balance Current Status Past Due Amount
$301
Account seriously past
due date/account
assigned to attorney,
collection agency, or
credit grantor's internal
collection department
$301
Seven year payment history
30 days late 0 times
60 days late 0 times
90+ days late 3 times (Jun 2012, May 2012, Apr 2012)

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
starry1
Valued Contributor

Re: Has this been re-aged?

Open date just refers to the date it was opened by the collection agency. Reaging refers to the DoFD only.

Starting Score: 11/29/12 TU 527; EQ 565; EX 564 fako - bk7 dc'd 2/15/13
Current Score: 1/22/15 TU 645; EQ 605; EX 633 New goal 675
Cap1 sec $1k (SD) / Fingerhut $2k / Flagship $12k / cashRewards $12k / NavChek $15k / Amazon $2k / Von Maur $1k / Firestone $2.2k / BCU $3k / NFL $1k / QS1 $750 / Target $400 / PPSC $800 / Conoco $700 (last app 09/29/14)
Message 2 of 7
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

+1

A debt collector can report Date Opened for their collection as early as the date they received collextion authority.

If they originally reported the Open date as the date they first reported, they can update back to the date they received colletion authority.

Open date if a collection is really of minimal signifixance, as it has no effect on its credit reprot exclusion date, which is based only on the reported DOFD.

There are strict requirements for determining and reporting DOFD.

Additionaly, even if reported information is shown to be inaccurate, that alone is not basis for compelling deletion of the collection.

Upon filing a dispute, the furnisher always has the option to simply corrext thier reporting. 

The more significant issue is their apparent failure to have sent dunning notice within 5 days after reporting of their collection, resulting in harm to your credit score withont timely notice providing you the opportunity to address their assertion of debt.  You could file a complaint with the CFPB, but violation of timely dunning notice requirment is a debt collection practices issue that likewise wont compel deletion of their reporting.

Message 3 of 7
themizlyne
Regular Contributor

The three 90 day lates is incorrect since collection agencies can't report late payments.
Message 4 of 7
Tink1o5
Valued Member

Collection agencies cant report LATES? I did not know this? I would you get lates removed that have been reported by a CA?

WF Secured - 300
Quizzle Score (FAKO) - 568 (3-5-13)

Starting Score: 559
Current Score: 559
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 5 of 7
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

@themizlyne wrote:
The three 90 day lates is incorrect since collection agencies can't report late payments.

This is absolutely correct.  It is a violation to report monthly lates such as they are doing.  They are allowed to post a "status" supplied by the OC, but the reporting of monthly lates is not allowed.  There was never an agreement with the CA therefore there cannot be lates.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 6 of 7
DaBears
Senior Contributor

3rd party credit reports are not very accurate. I would pull from www.annualcreditreport.com Myfico or  3rd party is not my cup of tea when looking for inaccuracies. 

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.