Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have PFD letter but reports only updated to 0 balance

tag
MrCrabs
Regular Contributor

Have PFD letter but reports only updated to 0 balance

I paid this CA about 3-4 weeks ago and got a letter saying all negative information would be removed, but I just got alerts from MPM and TU Truecredit and they both show the 3 bureaus only updating to zero balance. Is this just a precursor to deletion or am I going to have to fight to get this removed as well?

Capital One Platinum | $1,500Discover IT | $1,800Victoria's Secret Angel VIP | $500Citi Secured | $200
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
MrCrabs
Regular Contributor

Re: Have PFD letter but reports only updated to 0 balance

Myfico EQ just updated as well, bumped my score up to 639! Smiley Happy but still shows as paid, but not deleted from EQ so I guess I will have to call the CRA's first thing Monday and fax them my PFD letter.

Capital One Platinum | $1,500Discover IT | $1,800Victoria's Secret Angel VIP | $500Citi Secured | $200
Message 2 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

I would wait a bit.

The debt collector was required, upon satisfaction of the debt, to have updated their reported balance to $0.

It could well be that the update was generated automatically by their reporting system, with the deletion of the collection requiring separate, manual reporting.

As for sending a copy to th CRA and asking them to delete, I would not recommend that course.

CRA policy is that furnishers should not delete their reporting based on payment of the debt.

Asking a CRA to delete based on such a letter is thus tantamount to asking them to intervene in a manner directly contrary to their published policy.

I would wait for the debt collector to simply report the deletion without involving the CRA.

Message 3 of 4
MrCrabs
Regular Contributor

Okay, I will wait it out and see. I did some searching and seems some others have had similar experiences before deletion. I guess I am just being impatient again lol.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.