Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have Question about to try GW letter or not

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have Question about to try GW letter or not

Hello Forum,

I am hoping I am posting in the right area and also that someone can help me make this decision easier for me. First of let me start by saying I decided to GW Capital One for some late payments way back that were just about to fall off anyways. They were from 2010-11 back from when I kept my credit cards pretty much maxed out all the time (I was a kid didn't know what the heck I was doing yet). So I sent them a letter and they changed all the lates from Late to Not Reported. So they didnt report as good payments they just switched it to not reported still a win as it look those out of "Derogetory Accounts". So I take Capital One GW as a win, however they sent me a letter back saying they couldn't change anything so not sure why they did that but I comfired the change on my reports.

Now my main question I want to try this with Barclays and Chase but I have 2 choices, they were all IIB and I have 2 accounts with them each so 4 total. They are all estimated to be removed by 02/2022. Let's say I was to send in a GW letter and they did remove all the lates I am guessing that would reset the clock and they wouldn't be removed for the entire time if I wasn't late so they would just look like they were IIB. My question is does this look better then with all the late or should I just wait for them to fall off. What is the better choice here just leave them be or attempt goodwill. Not I don't plan on trying to get back in with chase before the bankruptcy is gone but Barclays I would like to get back in with at some point in the near future.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Have Question about to try GW letter or not

The only good wills that ever work for me were getting a few lates taken off. They did not just remove the late and keep the history before. They pretty much started reporting the month after I was perfectly current which was fine with me. The age of the account was accurate but it just simply did not report before the late recurrence.
A few stories on here have the whole tradeline removed as if it never happened, and if you have a lot of good accounts it really doesn't matter. It's just the people trying to hold on to some of their history where could be an issue trying to get new TLs, and you have very little to show for it.
So your situation w/ Capital One was how my Valero gas card and my Capital One was as well so it's up to you if you can handle "losing" accounts.
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you can make an account Dodge being included in bankruptcy that is always better
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't need these accounts reporting as I had plenty of good accounts and older accounts. I just don't know if I'd rather have the lates gone but the accounts reporting for longer with IIB or just leave them alone and wait for them to drop off in like 4.5-5 years. The lates for these accounts are about 2 years old now. I have 2 newer ones that I'm not sure how to go after as I would like to get them removed. I listened to my lawyer and stopped paying them which I could have completly avoided filing on them. I know you can't show biased in paying creditors back but the other accounts at this point were in collections. I have a Jareds and Kohls I would like to get removed for tiny money I think one is 200$ or so and the other is $300 or so. These show about a year old in payment history and not sure if I could contact them and try and get them to delete bad info and even offer to pay them. Not sure if this would go against my bankrupcy even though I am post bankruptcy.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.