cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have a 565 ---- How long will it take me to get to at least 640

tag
martinw1300

Have a 565 ---- How long will it take me to get to at least 640

I have some charge offs and a couple of things in collections. I've been using a repair service for about 8-9 months and they show that my fico score has estimated to have gone up about 100 points from under 500 . I check it on here and it's about a 100 points lower than what they say the range should be.

Any tips. We are finally current on mortgage and I've been paying a new car since Feb on time. Should I try and pay any charge offs or small ballances.

Thanks 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Have a 565 ---- How long will it take me to get to at least 640

@martinw1300 wrote:

I have some charge offs and a couple of things in collections. I've been using a repair service for about 8-9 months and they show that my fico score has estimated to have gone up about 100 points from under 500 . I check it on here and it's about a 100 points lower than what they say the range should be.

Any tips. We are finally current on mortgage and I've been paying a new car since Feb on time. Should I try and pay any charge offs or small ballances.

Thanks 

You need to clean your CRs up a bit.   What's not paid?  Have you tried PFDs?  If those don't work, I'd pay/settle then go the GW route.  

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 2 of 6
martinw1300

I'm not that Smiley Very Happy familiar with the lingo. I'm starting to figure it out though 

What does CR mean?

I have not paid some old credit cards, one that was about 18k was charged off. A lot of this was bad business debt that I had gotten in my personal name when the economy crashed.   and there are some medical bills that insurance didn't pay and somehow got sent to collections.  I can pay a few of these off. 

what are PFD's?

What does GW mean?

Sorry for all the questions but I'm a bit overwhelmed. I need to get some stuff straightened out because we need to buy another car ---starting a family. 

Message 3 of 6
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Look in my signature for common abbreviations.  That will help you a lot.

Message 4 of 6
tesha873
Established Member

Thanks for the abbreviation guide. I can uderstand some of the posts better nowSmiley Happy

Message 5 of 6
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@tesha873 wrote:

Thanks for the abbreviation guide. I can uderstand some of the posts better nowSmiley Happy

Lol.  Yep, first coming here is like learning a never heard of before language.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.