cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have a CA but OC accepted payment????? HELP!!!!!!

tag
oneboss302
Regular Contributor

Have a CA but OC accepted payment????? HELP!!!!!!

I have a CA with NCO (actually 2 of them) and they are both from same OC (progressive insurance x2).

I just contacted Progressive to see if they would allow me to pay them directly. they DID accept payment for 1 of them. But not the one from 2004 (it has been purged from system they said) She can still see ammount owed but wont allow me to pay.

My question is:   Now that I paid Progressive directly, can NCO still report on this? I have DV'd NCO so now when they go to Progressive to validate, it will show PIF with Progressive.

Please help!!!!!  I only have 3 more baddies if this one will go away.

PS.. I have tried to PFD NCO many times and even contacted the CEO (verrified by a return phone call from NCO headquarters)  They WILL not budge!!

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
oneboss302
Regular Contributor

Re: Have a CA but OC accepted payment????? HELP!!!!!!

BUMP TTT
Message 2 of 22
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Is progressive reporting?  Both?

What is the DOFD on the one from 2004?

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 3 of 22
oneboss302
Regular Contributor

Negative. Progressive is NOT reporting. I sent my DV to NCO and they are in process of proving my debt. I paid the OC progressive today. (it is my debt after all) There is no DOFD because this is an auto policy that I let cancel for non payment after I switched car Insurance carriers.

Thanks for looking into this with me!!!

Message 4 of 22
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Ok...I don't get it, if you don't pay...they drop you!  How do you owe if you found another company?

Message 5 of 22
oneboss302
Regular Contributor

The CA reporting is NCO.  The OC was Progressive.

I called Progressive, and asked if I could pay my bill with them. She said i could pay 1 of the bills but not the other because it was so old. I had to pay that with the CA.

I DV'd the CA, so that when they go to get proof of this debt, it will show paid in full to progressive. therefor there is nothing for NCO to collect on.

I hope that I am making sense. I appreciate all the help and dont want to offend anyone if I am being silly about this .

Message 6 of 22
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Right...I got that, but how does something like car insurance...a bill you pay monthly or lose coverage... how does that end up in collections?
Message 7 of 22
daisyduke
Valued Contributor

Oneboss,

You bypassed the CA and went directly to the OC,but the CA is reporting.

Now what are the raminfications of what you have done? How do you think you are going to get this off of your credit report? That's the real question, right?

Your friend, Daisy

Starting Score: 682 EQ, 663 TU
Current Score: 687 EQ - 705 TU on 7/18/10
Goal Score: 700 + both EQ and TU

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 8 of 22
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

To get the CA to remove for the acct that you paid the OC, you could either ask progressive to call them & make them remove, or dispute with CRA's mailing the CA documentation, the OC documentation & your payment to OC document.

DV is a pain, because they don't "have" to answer you.

Message 9 of 22
daisyduke
Valued Contributor

I think this might be tricky.  You might be stuck with NCO Collection on for longer....only time will tell. Who knows what could happen and the legality of it....

NCO doesn't have to validate by the way...

IMO, based on a little experience I have had with the CRA's, they do what they are told . They do not believe the consumer OVER what a CA or an OC. Now, that's just my personal experience - with a collection of mine that should not have been on my report, i did dispute it with the CRA's but it came back "verified". What a waste of time. I called the Collection Agency and they removed it - gone in 72 hours....So with that said, I believe going to the CRA's and that entire "dispute" process is a complete waste of time, for the most part. It appears to me that the only time dispute works with the CRA's is when an account is so very old someone can't find the records, and you luck out, and they cannot verify it....that's how that works, at least in my mind...

Now you paid Progessive but when you paid them over the phone, did you ask them to pull it back from NCO? Now Progressive has their money and you have NO bargaining chips to get what you utlimately want, which is the NCO deletion.

I'm curious what is going to happen now that you by passed the CA which was reporting....

Starting Score: 682 EQ, 663 TU
Current Score: 687 EQ - 705 TU on 7/18/10
Goal Score: 700 + both EQ and TU

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.