cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have a CA but OC accepted payment????? HELP!!!!!!

tag
Shirilyn

Re: Have a CA but OC accepted payment????? HELP!!!!!!

Credit repairing is such a pain the you know what! You can still dipute it and do a 100 word statement. I guess you'll have to keep disputing it. Good luck.

My ficoscore:
Experian:512
Equifax: Don't know finding out
TransunionSmiley Very Happyon't know finding out
Message 11 of 22
oneboss302
Regular Contributor

The CA is in the process of proving the debt to me by going back to the OC. They told me this on the phone, becaus ei got a call from the corporate office after I sent a emai to the CEO asking for a pfd (after numerous attempts other ways).

When they ask the OC for the proof wont the OC show it as paid to them? Then the CA MUST remove their TL correct?

Am I beng dumb about this? How can a CA have a TL on my report if the debt was PIF to the OC?

Message 12 of 22
daisyduke
Valued Contributor

Good morning One Boss,

This might be a good question for a mod....

I agree with your logic btw...how can a CA prove that they have the debt when the debt was paid directly to the OC? 

Did you dispute the NCO TL yet with the bureaus? let's see about that....I might do that as my next step...

Starting Score: 682 EQ, 663 TU
Current Score: 687 EQ - 705 TU on 7/18/10
Goal Score: 700 + both EQ and TU

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 13 of 22
guiness56
Epic Contributor

You pay the OC then DV the CA.  The CA will not be able to validate because no money is owed.
Message 14 of 22
guiness56
Epic Contributor

CAs do have to validate.  There is no time frame for them to do it in.  If they do not validate, it must be removed from your CR.
Message 15 of 22
daisyduke
Valued Contributor

So you can bypass the CA by paying the OC without any ramifications....interesting.

Message 16 of 22
oneboss302
Regular Contributor

Yes, that is exactly what I did. The other CA (for the same oc) I am going to let ride, because it is scheduled to come off 02/2010. If I pay it, it will re-age the debt correct?
Message 17 of 22
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@BungalowMo wrote:

Ok...I don't get it, if you don't pay...they drop you!  How do you owe if you found another company?

Same thing happened to me.  They said I owed them one month because I cancelled.
Message 18 of 22
daisyduke
Valued Contributor

I am not sure about the reaging thing. I just read somewhere if you paid the OC directly, then you wouldn't re age. Not sure if this varies b/c this is a CA...

For your second account, Progressive has no records. You are stuck I think working with NCO on this one!

keep trying for a delete with them....look up all the executives....send em all emails. do what you have to do to get it off. Why would I keep trying ot do a PFD? beause it will keep the other hounds away. Who knows maybe NCO will play hardball and do a ton of inquiries on your account or update the account like it's new....maybe they'll report to all three instead of one or two CRA's. That's the scenario of possibilities you could be facing.....

have a good weekend. i gotta pack now...

Message 19 of 22
guiness56
Epic Contributor

As long as the OC still owns the account there is no reason at all not to pay them.  All they have done is to hire a CA to collect on their behalf.

It is always better to deal with the OC than a CA.

Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.