Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have a couple questions?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have a couple questions?

I'm really trying to build up my credit score right now with Transunion it is 604. I've been reading through all the posts on here they are very helpful.

I just checked 2 of my credit reports, transunion and experian. My Transunion shows a 30 day late from 6/08 (This account is closed at my request) but experian has this account as always paid on time, is this common for them to have different info?

I have 3 collection accounts that according to Experian 1 will come off this month and the other 2 in March, Transunion doesn't show dates of even DOFD. Should I expect them to fall off Transunion around the same time as Experian?

I also have a GE account with JCPenney that was 30 days late also in 6/08 but since then always paid on time and they have given me 2 increases since then should I try to GW that late off my report?

I have one CO that I just sent a PFD letter to (got it from a forum) hopefully it works.

I have 4 credit cards in good standing, just working on paying them down.

Any advice is really appreciated. Thanks.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Have a couple questions?

Welcome to the forums!

It isn't uncommon to have differing info reporting. It just means that one is mis-reporting. If you were late then, I wouldn't challenge TU to remove the late lest you have it reporting as late on the other two CRAs too.

For the collection accounts, were these OCs or CAs? TU should list the drop off date if you pull the report directly from the CRA. Sometimes the drop off date isn't listed for some OC accounts if the account has the chance to revert to a positive and continue to report for an additional 3 yrs. Look in the full 7-yr history on your TU report and you'll see when the DOFD was (if an OC).

I'd GW JCP.

Good luck on the PFD.

Per your CCs, your ultimate goal should be to lower your balances to $0 on all but one CC with the remaining reporting a balance less than 9%. You'll see most of your score gains when reporting to under 20-30%.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Have a couple questions?

The collection accounts are with CAs, so there is no 7 year history for them. The only dates are date assigned and date reported, all the other dates just say not reported.

One of the collection accounts is due to fall of in March, I first saw it on my credit report 2-3 years ago and I contacted the CA right away and asked them to confirm it and they never contacted me, never even sent me a collection notice in the mail I only knew about it from checking my credit report (I've lived at the same address for 7 years so I wouldv'e received the notices) , now in the past 2 weeks they started calling me on my cell phone. I don't answer the calls because I don't want to risk somehow restarting the clock. Should I just ignore them and let it fall off, I don't agree with the bill so I don't plan on paying it.

Thanks for all help.

Just double checked my Transunion CR and according to my experian report 1 of the collections should have come off in Nov '09, and another collection shows a balance with transunion but shows as paid with Experian (Experian is correct). What should I do?

Message Edited by Col913 on 01-16-2010 05:32 PM
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.