cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have a low 500 Score and think you have it bad? Read This..

tag
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Re: Have a low 500 Score and think you have it bad? Read This..

Smiley Happy Great credit journey! Thanks for sharing.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 11 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for sharing, excellent story! Best of luck. I'm going to sit back now for about 6 months, at least crossing my fingers I can. I'd like to get approved for a good car loan, and my first car loan at that! I paid off my first car in full, and have had it ever since. Then the plan is a new apartment while me and my fiancee save up for our first home. 

Message 12 of 22
1_2
Contributor

Congrats OP. Keep up the good work and you will achieve your goals. Like you,  credit was in the gutter  a few years ago. Now I'm in great shape and I did it by hard work, determination and the good advice I recieved from so many on this forum. Way to go OP! I love a sucess story. .

Closed on home Jan 30, 2013. Yay!

Capital One (secured) $1000.00 | Capital One (former Orchard Bank) $500.00 | First Premier $500.00 | Credit One Bank $750.00 | Wal-Mart $3550.00 | Citi Thank You Preferred $6,800.00 | Discover It $4,800.00 | AMEX BCE $4,500.00
Message 13 of 22
mimi_k
Established Member

Great post.  Very encouraging for others!  Keep up the good work!

Starting Score (Walmart FICO): 526
Current Scores (myFICO): Equifax 611 Experian 601 Transunion 618
Goal Score: 640

Message 14 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

I applaud your choice for not pursuing BK. 

It shows strong moral character and an understanding of borrowing money. You and your wife are extremely ethical people to keep your heads about you during such a rough time and doing the hard thing. 

Congrats on your CS increasing, and I wish you both the best of luck moving forward. 

Message 15 of 22
joltdude
Senior Contributor

Whats with these snappy judgement calls about ethics, morality, and character relating to BKs..... I applaud the OP for taking the more difficult but redeeming road to recovery... But am appauld at all the posters who are basically questioning and judgemental of ones moral character for partaking in a BK.... Whatever happened to Friendly, Supportive, and Respectful....Everyone has the right to sleep soundly at night and not worry about losing their home, their vehicle, their job, and having their utilities shut off... or be treated for health related issues that can completely drain ones finances, even with preparedness, its not ideal but its real....

Grow up folks.. It could be YOU in the BK... 

(and in fact I have never been in a BK myself, but don't think any lesser of folks who have had to go this route.. its not a decision taken lightly and puts enough weight on their shoulders to be calling out their "moral character") 

Message 16 of 22
apehar24
Established Member

Great job! This story helps and makes me feel better. I just wish I had seen this forum back in 2008 and know the things I know now...before I filed Bk back then. I filed every account I had, good or bad because I felt at the time, it was best. I now know I should have kept at least 2 of my cards because I had never been late. Now trying to rebuild my credit and hopefully buy a house soon. Let us know how you're doing now. Smiley Happy

Message 17 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@apehar24 wrote:

Great job! This story helps and makes me feel better. I just wish I had seen this forum back in 2008 and know the things I know now...before I filed Bk back then. I filed every account I had, good or bad because I felt at the time, it was best. I now know I should have kept at least 2 of my cards because I had never been late. Now trying to rebuild my credit and hopefully buy a house soon. Let us know how you're doing now. Smiley Happy

Doing so actually would have been illegal, and would have gotten your BK dismissed if your administrator discovered it. And if a lawyer was involved in such an action he could be censured and/or disbarred. ALL debts must be listed in a BK and only certain ones can be 'reaffirmed' such as your auto loan and your mortgage. You simply cannot pick and choose which creditors to pay and which to discharge - they must all be treated equal.

Message 18 of 22
apehar24
Established Member

thanks for the comment. It would be a nice thing to do it you could.

Message 19 of 22
w121jld
Contributor

Did you pay off any collections or charge offs?

Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.