cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have no idea what this collection is

tag
Cupcake78

Have no idea what this collection is

I have a collection from avante listed on my cr. I sent a dav letter awhile ago, and never heard anything back. I've tried calling, but never got an answer. I have no idea what this collection is all about. 

What do I do next?  Do I contact the cra and let them know that my attempts have been unsuccessful?  I'd really like to get this off of my cr, but have no idea how. 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
tomfromrictmame
Frequent Contributor

Re: Have no idea what this collection is

How is this reporting?  Have they ever contacted you (my mail)?  Since they have received your DV, they must cease any collection activities, so I am not surprised they have not answered your calls (I would not continue to call them).  Since they must stop all collection activities, they in many ways are compelled to bring this matter to closure, since they have a collection they cannot collect.  There is not timeframe for a DV response; in fact they are not required to respond at all.

AMEX Platinum NPSL | BofA Cash Rewards Visa $50K | NFCU Sig Visa $27K | Chase Marriott Rewards Visa $25K | AMEX Delta Skymiles $25K | BofA Sig Visa $25K | First Tech Odyssey MC $25K | AMEX HHonors Surpass $23K | Chase United Club Unlimited Visa $20K | Barclays AAdvantage WMC $17K | NFCU LOC $15K | NASA Platinum Visa $15K| NFCU Sig Visa $14K
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.