Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Having 30 day lates removed

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Having 30 day lates removed

Hi all, Back in 2005-2007 I was in credit counseling and I'm not sure if the account didn't age properly but I show a good amount of 30 days late, especially on TU(14 on TU and 4 on EQ).  I went ahead and disputed, but is that the right direction to go?  I also sent a GW letter to AFNI for a sprint collection from several years ago that I settled and paid.  I did it thru the email option they had on their website, will that work? or should I email them directly from my email?  I've read ppl having success with them thru email.

Thanks all

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Having 30 day lates removed

Dispute is only appropriate if their was some inaccuracy in their reporting.  The initial burden in any dispute is on the consumer to assert, and preferably document, an actual inaccuracy.

As for deltion based on payment of the debt, the CRAs have a written policy, expressed in both their credit reporting manuals and their reporting agreements with furnishers, that is it improper to delete based on payment of the debt.  So any dispute based on payment is in effect asking the CRA to intervene by in a matter they dont sanction.

The "proper" process is to ask for GW deletion.  Even that process has its problems, as it is still a request to delete for a reason that is contrary to their credit reporting agreements.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.