Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Having OC pull back debt

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Having OC pull back debt

Hi all, 

Ok, so I am having no success with getting NCO Financial to play ball. I've sent dozens of faxes, emails, letters, talked with probably 20 different agents over the phone, and they WILL NOT PFD. I really want this off my credit and if I get NCO off, I will be clean as a whistle, as if nothing ever happened. 

Has anyone had any luck with paying the OC and having them pull it back from the debt collector? Does that remove it from the credit report? Or will that just show as paid in full and/or settled? 

Any advice is appreciated. 

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
LShawn08
Frequent Contributor

Re: Having OC pull back debt

I had a medical bill pulled from a collection agency recently. The item was from 2012 so, I believe if its recent enough the OC will cancel the debt collectors authority and take payment. I'd ask for a person in a management position if it can be done, if you talk to a regular CSR they might give you the script and tell you no they can't do that, when in fact they don't know that for sure.
Starting Score:TU:791(Dec3), EX:783, EQ:000
Current Score: TU:786(Aug9), EX:776, EQ:782 (Aug8)
Goal Score:820 across all boards

If all pork chops were perfect, we wouldn't have hot dogs! -Steven Universe
Message 2 of 8
Chrisla2077
Established Contributor

I was successful with them on 2 accounts by writing a PFD..however, this was a few years ago. They deleted without even wanting money. 

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chrisia, I found a lot of people on this forum that had success with NCO a few years ago, apparently they are not as nice anymore. Smiley Sad 

Message 4 of 8
Chrisla2077
Established Contributor

that sux...i have a recent one through them I need toget rid of

Message 5 of 8
dursty87
Established Contributor

This is kind of a gray area....

Once a CA obtains the right to collect a debt, whether they are hired or they buy the debt, they are legally able to report to the CRA's.  There is no law that prohibits them from reporting as long as it is accurate.  So if you were to pay the OC, there is no law that says the CA has to remove their listing.  However, according to the guidelines in the collections manual, they should remove their listing. 

Some members have had success with the OC recalling the debt and requesting the CA delete the TL.  Others not so lucky.  Have you tried contacting the OC to see if this is a possibility?

Message 6 of 8
Momof5
Frequent Contributor

Did you try simply disputing the debt?  NCO folds pretty easily after major fines from the FTC years ago.

Starting Score: 472
Current Score: EQ:703 TU: 729 EX:737
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 8
baller4life
Super Contributor

My experience. Had OC recall debt. Paid them directly. Disputed NCO with all bureaus. Deleted within a week. Received letter of deletion from NCO.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.