cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Headed to The Garden but should I pay old stuff??

tag
tiffjtiffj
Contributor

Headed to The Garden but should I pay old stuff??

But before I go one question (please)

My Fico score simulator states I that should I pay off the $7300 in revolving debt it would lessen my ultility and raise my score. That said, all of it sits in the closed/charge off collection bucket, while its past my SOL of 4 years (I'm in CA) they won't budge until 2017. I understand that a charge off is ... well still going to be a charge off but since in reading that they are pretty difficult to remove but should I pay to zero out? While I'm in no rush to purchase a home or car, I do have the ability now to start sorting some of this mess out.

Midland "ownes" 4

$1451, $1361, $542 & $825

First Premier "2" - offers settlements for lesser amounts

$515 & $626

Jefferson Capital $387

HSBC $494

Macys $780

Bloomngdales $282

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. I'm in the garden until further notice.

Thanks guys

Current EQ 634 TU08 670 EX 627
Garden: Take #25 (2017 - ouch)
2017 Goals: Citi Premier
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Headed to The Garden but should I pay old stuff??

A CO paid or unpaid is the same in the eyes of FICO. If they are not updating monthly now an update to Paid or settled for less will cause a drop in score. I would make only PFD offers and just wait them out if they dont want to make a deal. Score calculators owned and operated by an entity in the business will always tell you to pay off the debts...

Message 2 of 3
tiffjtiffj
Contributor

Re: Headed to The Garden but should I pay old stuff??

@gdale6 wrote:

A CO paid or unpaid is the same in the eyes of FICO. If they are not updating monthly now an update to Paid or settled for less will cause a drop in score. I would make only PFD offers and just wait them out if they dont want to make a deal. Score calculators owned and operated by an entity in the business will always tell you to pay off the debts...

Oh, now I understand. They are no longer updating, so I will seek the PFD or let them sleep.

Thank You Very Much gdale6

Current EQ 634 TU08 670 EX 627
Garden: Take #25 (2017 - ouch)
2017 Goals: Citi Premier
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.